• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Omaha beach map project need help!!

So how will the LCVP work exactly? When you leave the vehicle will you still be in the boat and have to run off the ramp?

I assume you would be able to free stand in the Landing craft. Unreal 3 games actualy handle this very well surpringly even better than games such as GTA V or Arma. It only runs into issues when you jump and get flung off the back but in this game you can only jump when sprinting anyway.

I don't know if it's possible but what would be super awesome is if there were mantle points on the sides of the landing craft. As many people lept from the sides of the landing craft so they didn't get shot by the MGs hammering the front. Something they were actually told not to do as they would drown. Which many did. If you lept from the back end of the landing craft you landed in water 10-12 feet deep. From the front end of the landing craft water 3-6 feet deep. So they had to leap from the landing craft, sink straight to the bottom like a rock, remove their assault jackets and other heavy equipment and swim back to the top. Surpringly most of them actually held onto their rifles. I don't know if garands float or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0