• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How to make your first Red Orchestra 2 Map

Fixxed MG's

Fixxed MG's

an how to set up Fixxed MGs .

1.lets start in the actor browser and select ROFixedMGSpawnpoint.
add them into your map

2.then go in the Content browser and select the skeletal mesh u want (Maxim or MG-34)
add this in the properties of the ROfixedMGspawnpoint

3.Keep the ROfixedMGspawnpoint selected and go to Kismet.if u set up a simple spawn configuration u only Need to add a Actor factory Ex and a new object using the variables of the ROfixedMGspawnpoint

4.now set up a ROactorfactoryfixxedMG with an MG-34
and conect the ROfixedMGspawnpoint-object with the spawnpoint of the actor factory Ex

Upvote 0
Add spawnprotection

Add spawnprotection

a small how to add spawnprotection:

use the builder brush (red box) to make a ROvolumeplayerstartgroup with the ,,add volume,, button .
the volume must be not huge

2.at the same way u add a ROvolumespawnprotection as big as u want

3.now u ve a playerstart volume an a spawnprotection volume. there are some ways to connect them ....i Show u a way for a larger number of spawns

-go in the Content browser in the tap ,,Scene,,
-select ROvolumeplayerstartgroups in the filter type
it will Show u all playerstartvolume in your map
also on the right side the properties of this volume
- double click on the number one of the playerstart volumes in the Scene browser . it will select the splayerstartvolume in your map .
-now select the spawnprotection volume which you want to attach to the playerstartvolume
-in the Scene browser the playerstartvolume is still selected go in the properties to ROVolumeplayerstartgroup an press the green arrow in the spawnprotectionvolume
-now u are done

Upvote 0
One thing I noticed with various volumes, is that you have to recreate them to modify them. If you make some volume bigger in the editor, I don't know why but for me ingame the previous size was still active and my changes to the volume size was not applied. For a safe thing, I now always recreate volumes and delete the old ones to make sure modifications and repositioning are applied.

Really good and clear tutorials Rekrut ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah, he's a life saver, btw, i have noticed for volume's as well the thing you noticed, but with like BSP volumes i noticed that just duplicating the volume makes it active again on it's new size! Don't know if this works for all kind of volume's. Btw, is it possible to add two spawn protection because my axis spawn has two exits/entrances.

Last edited:
Upvote 0