• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design World Info. class weirdness

Catalavos

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I'm having troubles with the allied MG and tank commander classes. The MG class spawns with only a Nagant revolver and 1 grenade despite having DP28_Content selected in world info. I even went so far as to select DP28 for primary and secondary weapons and it still didn't show up upon spawn.
The allied tank commander role is giving me trouble, too. I have the proper TankSpawnVolume and TankCrewPlayerStart set (on the map and in Kismet) but he doesn't spawn in a tank. I just get the 3rd person camera view then the death screen. I have an Axis tank commander set up the same way and it works fine. I even went so far as to completely delete and re-build the Allied tank spawn area but had the same result.

I'm having troubles with the allied MG and tank commander classes. The MG class spawns with only a Nagant revolver and 1 grenade despite having DP28_Content selected in world info. I even went so far as to select DP28 for primary and secondary weapons and it still didn't show up upon spawn.

Are you overriding the equipment for the role? (Russian MG role)

The allied tank commander role is giving me trouble, too. I have the proper TankSpawnVolume and TankCrewPlayerStart set (on the map and in Kismet) but he doesn't spawn in a tank. I just get the 3rd person camera view then the death screen. I have an Axis tank commander set up the same way and it works fine. I even went so far as to completely delete and re-build the Allied tank spawn area but had the same result.

Make sure you have the Russian Tank Role's SQUAD set to vehicle. NOTE: You cannot have any infantry roles in the same squad as a tank since the squads are either Infantry or Vehicle. If you set it to vehicle, make sure you also assign the correct tank for the Role. Obviously, the Russians get the T34 and the Germans get the Panzer IV. The swap role is the opposite teams tank.

Upvote 0
Are you overriding the equipment for the role? (Russian MG role)

Make sure you have the Russian Tank Role's SQUAD set to vehicle. NOTE: You cannot have any infantry roles in the same squad as a tank since the squads are either Infantry or Vehicle. If you set it to vehicle, make sure you also assign the correct tank for the Role. Obviously, the Russians get the T34 and the Germans get the Panzer IV. The swap role is the opposite teams tank.

I'm pretty sure I'm not overriding the equipment but I'll check it again when I get home.

Squad is definately set to Vehicle and I have the T-34 selected. One question I've had, though, is about the role info. part. Do you need to further select "PzIVTurretContent" for primary weapon or is it set as default for the Tank Commander class? For that matter, do you need to set the primary weapons for all of the tank classes?

-Funny thing about the tank commander spawn thing, in previous "saves" of the level I'm working on, the Allied Tank Commander role worked perfectly.

Upvote 0
FWIW, when I got home I nuked and re-built all of my spawns and the role info. sections in World Properties and the machine gunner problems were all fixed but the tank issues remained. So I re-built the tank spawns again and still nothing. Then I moved the tank squad to the "0" squad position and suddenly everything worked. I still can't spawn into a T-34, though but at least the bots can. :)

Upvote 0