• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How to Extract Custom assets from Custom Maps?

1st, contact the author and ask for the unbrewed file or a upk. Assets are then easily exported.

2nd, make a dummy upk and copy assets into it. Sometimes copied files get unlocked and will export. If not, use Umodel on the upk. Unfortunately Umodel doesn't support LODs.

3rd, Use the custom map as a base for your new map. Just don't delete the assets you want. As long as there is one in the map, the SDK won't clear it out of the roe.

Upvote 0
1st, contact the author and ask for the unbrewed file or a upk. Assets are then easily exported.

2nd, make a dummy upk and copy assets into it. Sometimes copied files get unlocked and will export. If not, use Umodel on the upk. Unfortunately Umodel doesn't support LODs.

3rd, Use the custom map as a base for your new map. Just don't delete the assets you want. As long as there is one in the map, the SDK won't clear it out of the roe.

Options 2 works for me most f the time

Upvote 0
Option two has never worked for me, always says it can't save due to references.
Also, do you want the latest version of Makin?

You need to dig the references out and save copies of them first, then the objects (MICs, materials, static meshes, etc). Gets messy real fast.

Re Makin: sure. See what I can add.

Wolvy: sup :D

I'll d/l the latest and check it out...

Upvote 0
How to create a dummy .upk ?.

• Open the map or package with the asset you want, lets say the Ogledow Barn
  • Open TE-Ogledow.roe
  • Right click the barn and "Create a Copy"
  • Save the Copy to a new Package that you name "Ogledow_Barn"
  • Go to File->Save
  • Only Save the Ogledow_Barn package, nothing else
  • Open your custom map
  • In the Content Browser Search for your "Dummy Package" you just made, "Ogledow_Barn"
  • You may have to re-open the package->"Open an External Package"
  • Once you have the package open, right click on the barn and "Create a Copy"
  • You can now save the asset into your map package.
  • Be aware that a custom asset that is using custom textures, materials, MICs will need all of this imported with it or you will get an error when you try to save.

Upvote 0