• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Edit Map Cap Zones

Sah.

Grizzled Veteran
May 6, 2009
Hello, I'm a complete noob when it comes to editing/making maps, but I was just wondering how difficult of a task is it too change capture zones on currently existing maps; so for example there are 6 capzones on a certain map, i'd like to move them to different locations, make the capzones smaller, take less time to cap, and make more of them (say 10 zones total).

I'm wanting to do this to create a sniper only tournament on www.ro2arena.com; but of course, we need to edit the maps first :) ...

So yeah, how much of a difficult task would it be to move/edit some capzones on a pre-existing map?

Thanks a lot, Sah/Corsair831.

Hello, I'm a complete noob when it comes to editing/making maps, but I was just wondering how difficult of a task is it too change capture zones on currently existing maps; so for example there are 6 capzones on a certain map, i'd like to move them to different locations, make the capzones smaller, take less time to cap, and make more of them (say 10 zones total).

I'm wanting to do this to create a sniper only tournament on www.ro2arena.com; but of course, we need to edit the maps first :) ...

So yeah, how much of a difficult task would it be to move/edit some capzones on a pre-existing map?

Thanks a lot, Sah/Corsair831.

It is not hard at all

You move the Objective Marker and the ROPlaceableVolume which is attached to the Objective and dictates the "zone" for the cap. If the map has a overhead map with embedded borders for each cap these will move with the cap, but wont resize if you change the size of the Placeable Volume

Upvote 0