• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How to pose the bodies in SDK?

How do you use that properly lol.

1. Place the DebugPosePlayer
  2. In its properties select which Faction you want (Axis or Allies)
  3. Then select the Pose you want (Standing, Prone, Crouched, etc...)
  4. Select the weapon you want
  5. Launch the level and in console type 'SpawnPosedPlayers'
  6. Enjoy the scene

Many (if not all) of the stock maps have these placed, you can try it on them
Note: When using this on a mod that "extends" a gametype, the extended gametype's pawns are used. So when I did it on a HOTW map, I get US and Japanese players :(

Sample:
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This in combination with properly posed models would be awesome. And I know just the guy to talk to. The game Type picking RS uniforms can be worked around by reskinning the RS uniforms. At least rifleman. Weapons are another thing. Seems you can only pick SMG or Rifle. Which I assume for Americans is the Springfield and Thompson.

Upvote 0
Speaking of which I wonder how the whole mouth and face effects thing is coming along. Because if you can maybe ajust it, you can make it look like a person is shouting.

Hasn't progressed for 2 reasons. Firstly it's a metric Buttload of work and secondly we have no idea what effect it'll have on RAM usage. Or performance for that matter. Though I don't think it'll effect the latter much.

Upvote 0
PosedPlayer isn't a good idea because the pawn types are hardcoded:

Code:
function string GetPawnType(bool bIsRS)
{
    switch( PawnType )
    {
     case Pawn_Axis:   return bIsRS ? "RSGameContent.RSAxisPawnSNLFLevel1Assault" : "ROGameContent.ROAxisPawnLevel1Assault";
     case Pawn_Allies: return bIsRS ? "RSGameContent.RSAlliedPawnArmyLevel1AutomaticRifleman" : "ROGameContent.ROAlliedPawnLevel1Assault";
    }
}
And you're limited to a set amount of poses.

Whereas using the import method you can make your own!

8ff3041db2.png

Upvote 0
Don't worry, for all you non-ninjas out there I created my own RODebugPosedPlayer that you can place on your map!

ebac0734f1.png

Left is old DebugPosedPlayer, right is new.

It now has a LOT more flexibility and options. You can even put RO2 models on RS maps, and vice versa!

I think I can also make it work with custom pawns like HOTW and Aufmarsch, but I'm not sure.

Upvote 0