Forum Rules

• Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.

• There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

• DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post, "necro post" or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

RSTE - Sugar Loaf "WIP

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RS] RSTE - Sugar Loaf "WIP

VERSION 5 Update

Steam Link

Direct Link

Quick Balancing Update:

- Allies can now destroy the bunker farthest right when facing the hill
    - Allies tickets increased by 60
    - Axis tickets increased by 30
    - Axis spawn time increased by 1 second
    - Low Ridge (B) has been reduced from 22 seconds to 20 seconds for capture
    - The Crest (A) has been increased from 20 to 22 seconds for capture
    - Game time increased by 1 minute
    - Japanese Spawn moved about 100 meters back to stop massive Jap zerging at The Center (C) Point
    - Tunnel entrances on the left and right now have a more unnatural appearance to make it easier for new players to identify
    - A few more tunnel issues were addressed

VERSION 4 Update

Steam Link

Direct Link

New Stuff

- 3 New tunnels added for the Japanese to Counter Attack
    - These new tunnels can be destroyed by using the Engineer Class and placing Explosives on the Designated area
    - Added 2 U.S. Engineers
    - Added 2 Japanese Engineers (In case they switch sides)
    - Added a New Spawn for the Japanese inside of the tunnel (Japanese can lose this Spawn if Allies capture tunnel )

- Lowest FIXED MG Moved to higher level bunker to the left
    - Japanese now have a small decrease in tickets (570 Tickets)
    - Allies now have a medium decrease in tickets (620 Tickets)
    - Time down from 35:00 to 29:10
    - C Point (Center) Is now recapturable unless all 3 points are captured

- Plane no Longer crashes mid air into invisible blocking volume :\
    - A bunch of tunnel exploits have been fixed, I'm sure there will be more though
    - Can no Longer Crawl through FIXED MG Bunker to get into the caves
    - Pathnoding adjusted in many areas
    - Some minor terrain adjustments
    - Fixed some bushes blocking bullets
    - Adjusted some particles (hopefully helping performance)

Bugs: Japanese Bots may congregate in the lower tunnels until SugarLoaf is captured still currently trying to fix this.

VERSION 3 Update

Steam Link

DropBox Link

Screenshot from a match on [40-1] Legends server.

Next Update will include:

- (WorkingOn) Looking into adding a secret tunnel for Japanese
    - (WorkingOn) Still more tunnel glitches

x (Fixed) Map no longer crashes when selecting 64 bots!
    x (Fixed) MG not being deployable in certain tunnel area
    x (Fixed) Plane should no longer crash halfway in the air if shot down
    x (Fixed) Falling Through the map in the tunnels
    x (Fixed) Greeny Leaf plants stopping bullets
    x (Added) 50 tickets to Japanese side
    x (Changed) Adjusted spawn times to bring more balance
    x (Changed) Captures times on the first three points
    x (Fixed) Japanese can no longer spawn with the allies machinegun
    x (Fixed) Grenades no longer fly out of bounds through certain tunnels

VIDEO LINK Below(Youtube Preview not working )
    (Note: The lighting and skybox have been altered since this was shot)

-> -> ->

Sometimes, life hits you hard, and sometimes life hits you so hard, you require shoulder surgery and physical therapy(Turns out a tear in your labrum is serious). So I apologize, and hope to get everything squared away as soon as possible! I will be releasing a large update to the map, which should touch on most of the solid feedback I have received. This includes:

List of Changes

- Axis can now win (hooray!)
    - Roles and Squads now fixed
    - Overhead Map now working properly
    - First 2 Allied Objectives have been omitted in favor of a middle 3 to get the Allies moving quickly
    - The First 3 Objectives are now a one time capture to make the match less repetitive and more engaging
    - The First 3 Objectives have been completely redesigned. This means larger cap zones, more cover, and more exciting firefights.
    - Ticket Increase of 220 for Allies, Ticket Increase of 150 for Japanese
    - Small Time increase, was 31:00 now 35:00
    - Axis can now enter Sugar Loaf through a newly designed tunnel with three entrances from the Southern Spawn
    - Allies now have a New Tunnel Entrance If they attempt to assault from B
    - New room to defend/attack in the tunnels which contains ammo as well
    - More rocks, shrubs, and all around more detail
    - Completely Reconfigured First OBJ's [now A , B , C located in center]
    (These have quick capture times so Allies can get to cave/hill action quicker)
    - No longer invisible walls along the border, out-a-bounds now active
    (8 second penalty)
    -Widened the map so Allies and Japanese can flank Sugar Loaf more naturally ( I may widen A and B so it's easier for Allies to flank but we will see)
    - At the request of [40-MORD] lockdown is no longer active in case server admins want to set it themselves or forgo lockdown all together.
    - Allies have received more cover for their initial assault
    - Japanese have received more cover for their spawn area and approach to the hill

- In request of Lord of Beer along with many others, I have attempted to lighten the map (less fallout), without losing the overcast, and also make the lighting more realistic. The problem is, I have many people asking to keep it darker, and many others asking for the map to be lighter.

- Without a doubt I'd like to keep the rain and overcast if at all possible I think the more rainy maps the better! I'm hoping over time I can find a balance for both sides, the lighting is very much WIP until further notice.

Steam Link

Direct Link

Please send me feedback, I'm lonely.
    Cheers guys!

Everything should be working. Updated Links

This is the first version of the map to be released. I have only played it with bots and have a sneaking suspicion that there will be balancing issues. I tried my best to create a difficult challenge for the Allies, but keep the Japanese limited by tickets and spawn time. Currently, there are mortars and artillery on both sides. Historically both sides had the area zeroed in for destruction, but if it takes away from the map please let me know. It was suggested to me by a few folks that the map would benefit from being completely overcast, so that is where it is now. Please let me know of any bugs, issues, or complaints.

Thank you nymets and Beskar Mando for your guys help along with everyone else!

P.S. - Japanese. If there is a flamethrower in the caves you're gonna have a bad time.

Cave Lighting

Larger Screenshot:

Larger Screenshot:

Larger Screenshot:

Larger Screenshot:

Overhead Map Complete

Rain & Skybox Update

Screenshots 2/9/2015

Rudimentary Tunnel System Update

Map Teaser

Here is the map I am currently working on; Sugar Loaf Hill on Okinawa.
    It's still very much a work in progress but I'm putting out a video to show you
    what I have so far,

Last edited by JacksonL; 03-16-2016, 05:17 AM. Reason: update

Originally posted by JacksonL View Post
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Looking Good!

*Just post the youtube URL without the 's" in https:// with nothing else (no iframe or embedding tags) and it will display correctly*
    Support Custom Maps and Mods

Thank you, nymets, I accidentally hit enter and had just started panicking trying to figure out what I did wrong

nice looks and atmosphere!
        I'm looking forward to the release

Yes. Yesss. YES. YES! This needed to happen. Thank you! I'm more excited for this than anything in gaming out there. I read up a lot on this one and have some "okay" sources so if you need info, I have some stuff. Looks like it's already in check though.

Wow, that looks really promising. Open yet plenty of terrain variations for cover so it appears a good mix of all ranges of combat.

Looking forward for the release!
              Rising Storm 2 Finland

Glad to see this kind of work coming forth. I'll be following development.
                Mr Sajer's winter home heating: i7-4790 OCd to 4.5**GTX 1080 FE GPU**16GB ddr3**Dual Intel SSD**Creative Labs SoundBlaster Zx ...and a lot of fans.

God damn this looks amazing! Love these realistic looking RS maps the most

Wow, that tunnel system is very impressive. Doing a great job

Atmosphere looks good can't wait to check out the gameplay
                      Overhaul Mod Steam Group - join to get playtimes:

I'm blown away by how realistic and good this looks. I hope it plays well, I look forward to playing it very much!

Looking absolutely fantastic! Okinawa finally. Putting of course on our RS server when released. Thanks!
                          [CENTER][U][I][B][COLOR=DarkOrange][URL=""] [COLOR=SandyBrown][/COLOR][/URL]

This is why I love this game, because players are able to create wonderful maps like this one.

I currently have been working on making the bots more efficient in the map but it has been hit and miss. Even with Rallynodes they still seem to do head to the objective which ever way they'd like. Not to mention using the wrong covernodes even when explicitly told not to. Besides that, I've added Rain into the map with over 100 emitters and have been adjusting the draw distance to ensure the map runs smoothly. I also added a skybox, but I am still adjusting the fog distance. Take a look at my first post to see some new screenshots as well.

One of my current problems is that covernodes underground are not found by the objective volume, so bots won't use them. If anyone knows how to fix this I'd be greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping to have a playable map on steam soon.

Last edited by JacksonL; 02-10-2015, 05:23 AM.