• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RSTE - Sugar Loaf "WIP

I don't know at the moment how to fix this but in the mean time I'll post a screenshot of my brew.

I've been getting the crash for sometime now but it still publishes it successfully.It also looks like Some of the heroes of the west stuff is acting up but I don't think those would cause problems, would they? I don't have anything from WF in this level to begin with.

ET9cDUw.png

I also just created a second map to test fixes for the missing textures and when I ran the brew I received this.
I saw Sgt.Nightfire was having a similar issue, but I couldn't find a clear solution. I'm not sure how to look at the log.

zTTfPlQ.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perhaps someone can list the steps to upload to the steam workshop after publishing a map. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in that area?

When it asks to upload a file from inside Red Orchestra file directory should I be saving the map into a folder like so:

RSGame --> Maps --> SugarLoaf

Or should I be moving the map from the published folder to there?

So many headaches :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I downloaded your map thru Steam Workshop and its file size is different. Workshop says 45 MB and downloaded roe is near 100 MB.

I opened your map in the editor, brewed it and it's working fine. File size matches 45 MB.

Guess you have wrong version on the workshop (non-brewed one).

http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php/Red_Orchestra_2_Steam_Workshop

So should I drag the map from published folder in my documents to the Red Orchestra 2 directory into:

RSGame --> Maps --> Sugarloaf (Folder)

Upvote 0
So should I drag the map from published folder in my documents to the Red Orchestra 2 directory into:

RSGame --> Maps --> Sugarloaf (Folder)

(y)

Wiki:
All content uploaded (including the preview image for the content) must be contained within the Red Orchestra file directory.
Maps (.roe in Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Maps and sub folders)
Adjust it for RS map.

Having a map in the root folder should not cause this issue but it can cause an issue with downloading a map to a wrong folder.

Upvote 0
Great stuff! Loving the map. I ran a test on our RS server and only noticed one clipping issue in the tunnels. I`ve got one serious concern - Allies shooting at Axis final spawn point from a top of the hill and cutting them off completely. Suggestion made was adding tunnels connected to the hill tunnel system.
Map will be played today with 64 players at around 6-7 GMT
We invite you!
Thanks for awesome work!

Upvote 0
Great stuff! Loving the map. I ran a test on our RS server and only noticed one clipping issue in the tunnels. I`ve got one serious concern - Allies shooting at Axis final spawn point from a top of the hill and cutting them off completely. Suggestion made was adding tunnels connected to the hill tunnel system.
Map will be played today with 64 players at around 6-7 GMT
We invite you!
Thanks for awesome work!

MORD, first off thank you for testing it! Hopefully I can get the next update out before you guys play with the overhead map fixed. I think I know where the clipping issue you're talking about is; when you're descending on the very steep tunnel you're head clips through. If not post a screenshot and I'll get on it right quick. Also, you'll have to let me know if you used the machine gun at the Axis spawn point located in the tunnels. That machine gun has a very clear vantage point, and should be able to provide sufficient cover for a counter attack by the Axis. But maybe not enough. Lastly I would be more than honored to be part of the server and get critical feedback! Just two questions:

1. Would I be able to spectate a round without taking up one of the 64 Slots? I would love to fly around and grab some video. Also, of course see how people use the map!

2. So you guys will be on at about 11:00 am to 12:00 am Pacific, right?

Here's some screens of the last Defensive Machine Gun.

1LiM1ky.jpg

yA3Frz8.jpg

grlXoAT.jpg

m3DCxtj.jpg

Also, for good measure! The Axis should be on the lookout for the palm tree leaves, as they will give you a good hiding place and vantage point for a surprise attack.

lCWWEWc.jpg

cwmN9Ma.jpg

Upvote 0
Yes. That`s a clipping issue I`m talking about. About - the tunnels:
- hard spot the entrance
- not fully covered by the cap zone
- hard to navigate inside (some arrows maybe here and there pointing main directions)
I havnt use mentioned mg yet but it wouldn`t be enough for spawn approach defense I`m afraid.
But wait to see how it players on a full server. Ill make it possible for you to join as spectator. Please add me on steam to make communication easier.

Upvote 0
Did you set the ROVolumeMapBounds ?
Also make sure you import the map texture as a texturegroup_ui

rO4M6iB.png

Nymets, ever since I brought in the overhead map and put it under texture group_ui I've been getting this error the first time I save the map. And the overhead map is still not working. The crazy thing is it was working fine before, and out of no where it just decided to go crazy. It is also creating weird old overhead maps in my levels package that shouldn't even exist anymore... I feel like 1 step forward 2 steps back Any ideas? :confused:

This overhead shouldn't exist anywhere anymore but it keeps popping up randomly. and if I scroll down and see it the entire sdk crashes...... WHY SDK.

f5au3iI.png

I just reloaded and those overheads were gone. Tried to bring in a new one and crashed when I looked at it.

YwaKhHG.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you try reimporting the overhead? Right click and reimport it. Otherwise try to delete and start fresh with new import

Edit:
Saw your edit. Can you try importing a 512x512 just to see?

Edit 2: if nothing else..
Remove the overhead referrnce in World Properties
Save the map
Close SDK
open back up
Re import overhead map
Assign it in world properties
Save

Last edited:
Upvote 0