• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RSTE - Mayako

:confused:

Didn't expect to find the third version of a beta in this thread. In any event, I'm glad I discovered it. I'll place it on Crucible shortly.

I actually don't see the map as a beta. V1 was, from my point of view, a final version without proper tickets setup. V2 was based on the feedback from the players and V3 is like fries with a ketchup (tickets had to be adjusted anyway). I decided to go the way

Upvote 0
:cool:

Look, I have been instructed to run even alphas on Crucible as long as the map can be completed by either side to a successful conclusion. Part o f the purpose of Crucible is to assist developers of new maps with public exposure. Folks have got to be able to play-test them somewhere. The critics will let you know soon enough what needs to be improved. :D

Upvote 0
I have some feedback

The double caps in the middle - it would be better if they locked once captured
Maybe about 5-10 more minutes on the clock (not sure about reinforcements)
Unblock some of the flanking routes

This was on a 50 man server, ran out of time on the second last objective. That's a really cool objective to fight over, so it would be good to see the map time extended so we could.
Hope this helps at least a little bit. I'll provide more when I've played more.

Upvote 0
I have some feedback

The double caps in the middle - it would be better if they locked once captured
Maybe about 5-10 more minutes on the clock (not sure about reinforcements)
Unblock some of the flanking routes

This was on a 50 man server, ran out of time on the second last objective. That's a really cool objective to fight over, so it would be good to see the map time extended so we could.
Hope this helps at least a little bit. I'll provide more when I've played more.

It's all about what kind of team you get. I've played it a couple of times and it goes both ways, I'd say it's slightly in-favor of the defending team.

Upvote 0
Hi there,
a new version of Mayako is available. Thanks everybody for their valuable feedback. Many blocking volumes were removed, some areas slightly reworked and of course, a new tunnel added. Mayako should now be less corridorish map.
Please give it some time so others can learn how to play it.

[NEW] A tunnel near the first objective
[NEW] A new way to Jarai village (Objective C)
[NEW] All destructible meshes are now marked with proper icon on the map

[CHANGED] Time +30 seconds
[CHANGED] Area between Inland AA gun and the last objective adjusted

[FIXED] Incorrect US spawn protection for the first objective

[REMOVED] Hidden destructible meshes
[REMOVED] Hidden gimmick options

Available on Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=395378652

If you would like to download the map's .roe file, follow this link: http://defwen.com/ro2rs_maps/http://defwen.com/ro2rs_maps/

Upvote 0
Some issues with the maps.

Some issues with the maps.

Did you fix the memory leak for this map yet? Had it running on my full server with around 50 real players, about 4/5s threw the game pings started spiking, when I looked at my server, the Ram usages was up well over 5GB... Also the spawn from the capture points are way to far, the ones at 250 meters really? I had lots of vocal feedback to this from the people who played on the map when my server was full, Could you adjust the spawn locations from the points? I think a max of 120 meters is acceptable, anything past that gets players annoyed. I ultimately have since removed the map from my rotation since, no one likes running for 300 meters to the next cap as soon as they die. It also adds to unfair balance issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did you fix the memory leak for this map yet? Had it running on my full server with around 50 real players, about 4/5s threw the game pings started spiking, when I looked at my server, the Ram usages was up well over 5GB... Also the spawn from the capture points are way to far, the ones at 250 meters really? I had lots of vocal feedback to this from the people who played on the map when my server was full, Could you adjust the spawn locations from the points? I think a max of 120 meters is acceptable, anything past that gets players annoyed. I ultimately have since removed the map from my rotation since, no one likes running for 300 meters to the next cap as soon as they die. It also adds to unfair balance issues.

Memory lea ... what? No such thing was reported to me and the map has been played many times since its release.

About spawns:
A - 166m, B - 128m, C - 124m, D - 144m, E - 120m, G - 181m, H - 142m, I - 173m (attackers for example).

I cannot make it less, the map is designed like that. But I wonder, where is yours 250m and 300m?

Last edited:
Upvote 0