• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release Declutter My HUD

Great work Thor.

Just want to repeat my previous suggestion.

If possible?

Imagine how much easier and more effective Squad - team play could be..
If we had the option to see only the names of your squad members and leader.
Other players + objectives etc would only be visible with the Tactical key.
We could also differentiate squads by color.

A simple thing really but it could prove to be a game changer and more fun for those that enjoy team work.

Upvote 0
Great work Thor.

If possible?

A simple thing really but it could prove to be a game changer and more fun for those that enjoy team work.

But squad members' names already show up in green?

Upvote 0
Great work Thor.

If possible?

But squad members' names already show up in green?

Does it?

Anyway, unfortunately the drawing of the player names is done natively (C++). That means it is quite complicated to modify them in UnrealScript. They would have to be deactivated, and redrawn manually. I guess the most complicated part would be to decide whether a player should be visible or not, I would have to make some research about it.

If that's possible, it would open the way to many cool options such as name color vs squad, size and transparency of the text vs distance, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice1 Thor, we will get this on server as soon as you get whitelisted status.

By the way, regarding the kill messages it is confusing and is maybe not working correctly but when we had it set to "OWN" it displayed all players kill messages.

When we changed it to OwnDeath both our kills and deaths were displayed but for only ourselves.

Upvote 0
DeclutterMyHUD 1.1 is now released!

Changelog:
  • "Own" messages on the kill widget can be changed to semitransparent.
  • "Other" messages on the kill widget can be set to hidden/semitransparent/normal.
  • VOIP Icons can be changed to hidden or semitransparent.
  • Chat lines duration is now customizable.
  • Chat opacity is now customizable.
  • Workshop interface allows to configure the minimum tactical overlay display time (instead of going through config files).
  • Crosshairs can be forced "off".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Thor, do I need to have a http server redirect to run this on my server? I wasn't sure what you meant by add it to your redirect?

Normally, you should be using a redirect for user downloads, because the server itself transmits at a very data rate (a few kbps). However, the mutator is only 24 KB, so it should take only a few seconds to transmit. But eventually, you should try to find a redirect server. I will ask Yoshiro to put the mutator on the TWI redirect if it still exists.

Hi,

The mutator Declutter My HUD is not compatible with ShutUp not be the combined set .

I can't think of any reason why they would conflict. However, I've had reports that ShutUp needed to be updated for RS. What test did you make to come up to that conclusion?

Upvote 0
Normally, you should be using a redirect for user downloads, because the server itself transmits at a very data rate (a few kbps). However, the mutator is only 24 KB, so it should take only a few seconds to transmit. But eventually, you should try to find a redirect server. I will ask Yoshiro to put the mutator on the TWI redirect if it still exists.

I can't think of any reason why they would conflict. However, I've had reports that ShutUp needed to be updated for RS. What test did you make to come up to that conclusion?

Setting up my own re-direct as we speak Thor, do I have to rename your package to .UPK?

Upvote 0