• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Western Mod

Sammers

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2009
Scotland
Just a thought I had that I wanted to share.

It would be a hell of a lot of work, but does anyone else think that a Wild West Mod would be very well suited to the RO2 engine? The engine just seems to capture the panicky ambiance that someone would typically be feeling in a Western firefight.

Just a big town with saloon etc. with a 'Last team standing wins' type deal.
Hell, even keep territory. Could use gold mines or something. Just feels like such a good idea for a mod.

I would be interested in a western mod. I wanna use the lever action rifles like the cowboy repeater in fallout :D

There is a cool lever action in Killing floor waiting to be used for this very purpose.

I like the idea, revolvers, LAR, and shotguns...maybe one of those old civil war gattlings.. this is probably pre-civil war though.

Maybe even a Indian with a bow and arrow?

Upvote 0
There is a cool lever action in Killing floor waiting to be used for this very purpose.

I like the idea, revolvers, LAR, and shotguns...maybe one of those old civil war gattlings.. this is probably pre-civil war though.

Maybe even a Indian with a bow and arrow?

Im well aware of the lever action in kf :D

And I would like to see bow and arrows too. And horses, they can be the Tanks :)

Upvote 0
I started something like this, but I would only be willing to continue on it if I get some help, especially artists because i am more of a coder, though i have some experience with getting assets ingame...

I posted about it here. No one has approached me...
-> http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=92761

If you check out my steam page -> ShirtyKezRat is my steam name, you will find images of the pistol ingame and firing.

A small one map, one type of pistol western gameplay would be a reasonable objective for a small team.
So if you know anyone with UE engine experience or model, texture experience that would be willing to do this and you want something like this send them my way!!! ;)

Upvote 0