• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Upvote 0
Priorities:

1. Easy installation - subscribe to workshop and done or an easy installer that automatically brings the person up to date.

2. Map packs - put up to date map packs for download (possibly include with installer) so that people don't waste time downloading a new map.

3. Bug fixes - fix crashing, fix connection errors, make the game run smooth

4. Other Fixes - make sure all reloading/animations have proper sounds and run smooth

I think if you get those four, in order, you will have more players, stable and new to play this mod and keep it alive.

Wald

Upvote 0
What? He's asking me to change core game engine mechanics when only Tripwire can do that.

The workshop I already discussed, mapping is not my jurisdiction, and what's wrong with the reload animations? I've never seen any problems with those.

I think he's talking about then being silent. Reload animations. As you gotta time sounds to the animations in the anim set viewer. Rather tedious job to because you can't copy paste. Sound anim notifies.

If you haven't already implemented them I have G43 and STG44 reload animations all with sounds in Heroes of the west. Steam beta version. So you can just nick them from there for those weapons if you want, they are the same as IOM.

Upvote 0
What? He's asking me to change core game engine mechanics when only Tripwire can do that.

The workshop I already discussed, mapping is not my jurisdiction, and what's wrong with the reload animations? I've never seen any problems with those.

IOM borken! fixfix!!

lol also map packs is stupid idea, because there is no IOM maps (there is Spartaa... but does it need a map pack?), so the pack idea is just non sense, and also all custom maps are already available with RO2 Workshop, single threads here on the forum, or with the RO 2 Downloader tool (and as the guy who maintain the REDORCHESTRA2.FR server up to date for this tool, I know that everything that is available with a download link and at least advertised somewhere on the internet, is available on our server for this tool). So three solution for maps (four if we count the direct server redirection).. no need for another one especially if it is useless. If people don't take time to download maps before playing now, they will not later with a 'pack' as you still have to wait the same boring time to get the files, pack or not.

For the workshop it is possible already, mod does not need ini edit as far as I know. The limit is the size, which can be bypassed by creating a collection, containing multiple workshop uploads.
Someone from FR community (Gosatsu) started to make the easy installers, but he left the game soon after creating those first installers.. installers in which I noticed some 'errors' or 'problems' by the way, but anyway they are not up to date now so it doesn't matter anymore, but this is something not so difficult to do... //edit: it was actually for HotW mod he created the easy installers

For the crashes/connection issue, I have none... weird hu.. (there is known IOM crash, but from what I read it is not IOM crash he's talking about as in the same sentences he wrote connection issues, so it is a general game problem he's talking about, or he's aware of a problem and maybe need to enlighten us)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The biggest thing that needs cleaned up are the various versions and conflicting download / SWS options floating around everywhere. You see as I do the constant complaints of disconnecting from server errors most likely due to someone running 1.4 or outdated 1.5 or what not. Is there any way to update the SWS version or maybe even take it down as it is the first thing that pops up with a google search of the mod along with outdated MODDB page and outdated links to other versions floating around.

I understand that maybe this is not logical until the 2.0 relelase, but its not helping the people that truly want to play the mod but get some out of date version and get kicked from server without explanation.

Upvote 0
This group was succesfully killed by its owner. Nothing we can do about it.

OK Fully understand nothing we can do about that. So for 2.00 a huge push for PR and communication. Reddit is a huge forum for this game, probably even more so for than this forum for the more casual player, so I would highly suggest making these folks aware of any new releases here on out.

Upvote 0