• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

I think doing something like HotW where they have an update thread on the steam forums wouldn't be a bad idea...

Sorry, i read first time "twi forums" instead of "steam forums".

We have IOM group on steam and new IOM versions are always posted on the main page so its clearly visible for everybody.
How would update thread be useful if updates are always on the main page?

Upvote 0
Sorry, i read first time "twi forums" instead of "steam forums".

We have IOM group on steam and new IOM versions are always posted on the main page so its clearly visible for everybody.
How would update thread be useful if updates are always on the main page?

Think about it from a public perspective, how would I know about the mod if updates are only posted on the steam groups? From what I can tell it's mainly been from mouth to mouth, in terms of letting people know about IOM.

Upvote 0
Think about it from a public perspective, how would I know about the mod if updates are only posted on the steam groups? From what I can tell it's mainly been from mouth to mouth, in terms of letting people know about IOM.

workshop?
sticky thread in general modding discussion?
Youtube videos?

All news and updates about our mod being posted in oficial RO2/RS group by TWI devs on the main page?

oh wait.

Its not about us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Videos and threads linking to them here and on Steam are the best way to get those who haven't a clue, but might be interested enough in the mod to check it out.

If 1000 people are in the steam group and only 15 show up to events, it pretty clear that you need to go fishing and catch a new wave of players. It's a new release, post some vids showcasing new features and gameplay in NEW threads. A new thread for every video, they won't live a long time, but the mod needs to get in front of new players, not remain buried in existing threads where only the faithful will see them.

Upvote 0
Nobody on steam knows what IOM is.

I don't even know what sub forums you are talking about.

So nothing bad about a steam thread.

Steam forums are eerily quiet but, as you said, I see no harm in posting there. If AAZ would be so kind :) I'm a bit busy with actually improving the mod to go around advertising it.

Here are some things coming in 1.15 Alpha 3:

Spoiler!

There is a few more things I'm working on, and the Gewehr 43 and PPS-43 are also planned to be implemented for this version, but we'll see how that goes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1000 users prettymuch know what IOM is

This is quite logical because you dont like our mod and you dont play it (your own words)
http://iommod.ucoz.com/forum

Something I said last year, main reason was I don't like the sounds. Something I said before HOTW was even a thing. I don't play it because nobody else plays it. Events are all euro events scheduled as times such as 5am for me. That forum of yours is pretty dead. You have 50% of the posts made there.

The steam forums for this game are more active than this forum. So making a thread there is only benificial.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
+1 the official IOM forum is dead.

If you did not understand, since beginning he's talking about creating a thread for IOM on RO2/RS Steam forum (if I understood) which is a good idea to reach people. But I would not advertise wile alphas are in test.. When 1.15 stable will be here, timing will be better I guess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please show me steam IOM forums that are more active than that.

No I mean steam steam forums. The forum for the game itself. Like what Beskar Mando suggested. The steam RO2 forums are more active than the TWI RO2 forums. Anyone who uses both can see that. Sometimes on here no new post is made for an entire day.

Make an update thread on the steam RO2 forums. Bump it each time IOM updates. Works well for HOTW. Nobody complains and tons of people go "ooh what's that".

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

There is a few more things I'm working on, and the Gewehr 43 and PPS-43 are also planned to be implemented for this version, but we'll see how that goes.

That sounds great.

- I

Upvote 0
-Axis Grenadier role now replaces Axis Standard Assault on almost all maps. This is to reduce the number of SMGs as they were less common in the Wehrmacht, producing a more interesting asymetrical Balance. The Grenadier has a Kar98k, and carries a large number of grenades - 4x M24 (no frag sleeve.) He is based on German storm groups and especially Pioneers practically being overladen with grenades.

Thats just a VERY GOOD thing. Thank you tremozl.

I wish you will do similar thing with german elite rifleman, so on most of 1941-42 maps and on some 1943 maps german elite rifleman will have kar98k + pistol instead of G41.

This would be realistic because germans had MUCH less semi auto rifles but they had more pistols. And in fact german elite rifleman wouldnt even get nerfed, on medium distances kar98k is not much worse than g41 while in close combat pistol is better.

Upvote 0
Make an update thread on the steam RO2 forums. Bump it each time IOM updates. Works well for HOTW. Nobody complains and tons of people go "ooh what's that".

Yes, this. There is crossover between the steam & TWI forums, but there are a lot of both new players and players on the Steam forum that don't come to the TWI forums. If you posted updates there and links to video you will get new blood interested in the mod. I can't stress enough that video will sell it, the mod provides a new and different experience from vanilla, a list of weapon tweaks will not catch the average players attention.

Upvote 0
Yes, this. There is crossover between the steam & TWI forums, but there are a lot of both new players and players on the Steam forum that don't come to the TWI forums. If you posted updates there and links to video you will get new blood interested in the mod. I can't stress enough that video will sell it, the mod provides a new and different experience from vanilla, a list of weapon tweaks will not catch the average players attention.

Indeed. Almost every time someone makes an angry thread there about how RO2 feels wrong I try to point them to IOM. Does not always work, but most of the time one or two people give it a shot. Sure there are about 2 threads a week where IOM is advised.

Upvote 0
Indeed. Almost every time someone makes an angry thread there about how RO2 feels wrong I try to point them to IOM. Does not always work, but most of the time one or two people give it a shot. Sure there are about 2 threads a week where IOM is advised.

Yeah, honestly I think the biggest appeal is not the game play itself, but the new content, at least to the average player. But there are the RO1 vets who don't know about IOM or the average player who doesn't like the way RO2 feels.

Upvote 0
Yeah, honestly I think the biggest appeal is not the game play itself, but the new content, at least to the average player. But there are the RO1 vets who don't know about IOM or the average player who doesn't like the way RO2 feels.

In the past week there has been a couple of instances of people essentially saying 'WHY DOES NOBODY PLAY CLASSIC YOU SCRUBS?!?!' Every time IOM is mentioned.

Admittedly there are some sillies there. I'm sure someone demanded a PPD, I mentioned IOM and they just said something along the lines of them not wanting to play crumby mods, but at least a few people then knew that there was a mod out there with a PPD in it.

Upvote 0