• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

I'm looking into this one guys. I suspect it's a memory thing, but I can't really be sure yet.

Can you tell me if this is only on servers (does it work fine in the workshop?)
Can you tell me if this is only on specific maps?
Can you tell me if disabling skins solves the problem?
Can you tell me if there is anything unusual at the end of your log files?

1. This happens when joining servers as well as playing against bots locally with the IMO mutator enabled

2. All Eastern front vanilla and custom maps.

3. Not sure how to do that but will be happy to test if you can let me know how.

4. Let me know where the correct log file is located or what it is called and I will check it.

Upvote 0
I have the same issue along with a few other players Kowalczyk. I've let Dibbler know about it as well.

Russian class selection screen freezes forcing you to kill RO2 from task manager. Seems to clear up sometimes if you immediately go back into RO2 and rejoin the server.

I've tried installing IOM through redirect, manually, and through steam workshop. Issue still persists.

I have it happen with both Allies and Axis on the class selection screen. Video (not audio) freezes for maybe 4-7 seconds for me and then all is fine. If I select my class super fast, then the freeze happens almost immediately after I exit the class selection screen.

I have not yet had the game freeze up on me. Personally for me, the delay is a very minor thing since it hasn't crashed the game for me.

I'm looking into this one guys. I suspect it's a memory thing, but I can't really be sure yet.

1- Can you tell me if this is only on servers (does it work fine in the workshop?)
2 - Can you tell me if this is only on specific maps?
3 - Can you tell me if disabling skins solves the problem?
4 - Can you tell me if there is anything unusual at the end of your log files?

1 - I have had this happen on different servers. Have not yet tried this in Workshop mode.
2 - I am fairly sure I have had this happen almost every time I am on a server running the mutator, all maps both stock and custom.
3 - Have not tried or know how to try that.
4 - Since I haven't crashed, I haven't looked since there wouldn't be anything there?

Upvote 0
In my experience the game will usually produce logs even if it crashes. In order to see them you must run the game with the -log launch option which you can set in Steam by right-clicking Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer and clicking Properties -> Set Launch Options

Enter -log and you should be good. Now the game may write down its logs in

C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Logs

without this option (haven't checked) but with this option the log will open as a separate window when you run the game. This way you can run the game in windowed mode and watch the log as you play and the logs will be saved to that folder. If they aren't saved and the game hangs, you may have a chance to read the log from the window.

To disable skins you disable custom skins in the mutator configuration menu, and that should be it.

Upvote 0
In my experience the game will usually produce logs even if it crashes. In order to see them you must run the game with the -log launch option which you can set in Steam by right-clicking Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer and clicking Properties -> Set Launch Options

Enter -log and you should be good. Now the game may write down its logs in

C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Logs

without this option (haven't checked) but with this option the log will open as a separate window when you run the game. This way you can run the game in windowed mode and watch the log as you play and the logs will be saved to that folder. If they aren't saved and the game hangs, you may have a chance to read the log from the window.

To disable skins you disable custom skins in the mutator configuration menu, and that should be it.

Still locks up on Russian class selection screen with skins disabled.

I will try playing the game with the log open tomorrow and let you know what happens.

Upvote 0
Used to have lots of crash then I manually reinstalled everything as Fishsticks said...now it works nicely.

I'm hero level on any class by the way.

Any new patch to stabilize the mod is coming?
We still can't try it to our server cause most of the members still crash...

By the way I still think some noizes are too abrupt, like some arty sounds mortal ends up in a weird way...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
regarding logging by default most logs are disabled for performance reasons (which makes troubleshooting a pain in the arse :p).

in roengine.ini you have a lot of lines with suppress=blablabla

if you temporarily replace all suppress= with ;suppress= that will give you much better error reporting. (do change it back afterwards unless you like log files of multiple mb's instead of kb's)

Upvote 0
Played a few rounds on the ODW Server and two things I have noticed.

1. I would like to have a compass as a replacement for the (thankfully) absend minimap.

2. On some maps the dynamic movement speed can mess a bit around with the map balance. Obviously most maps were in fact not designed with it in mind so on some maps this can lead to situations that are not in favor of map balance.

Upvote 0
2. On some maps the dynamic movement speed can mess a bit around with the map balance. Obviously most maps were in fact not designed with it in mind so on some maps this can lead to situations that are not in favor of map balance.

Is there a different between classic and "realism" (haha) mode? I mean another map timer. Because classic has a much slower movement speed than heroes have on "realism".

I agree most maps would be nice with a new roundtime, too. But in generally a lot of time the attacking team lost because of bad teamplay. Too much camper and only a view people who try to get into the caps (and of course the same problem happen for the defending team, too). IMO

Ps: was a nice evening again on the OdW IOM server, I really enjoy it. I hope somebody will make a movie about the next event. Really nice teamwork on Kharkov btw. Very amazing situations. Maybe there could be some more custom maps on the server (sometime) like Univermag, Streets of Stalingrad etc. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Played this for the first time today and i loved it! The sounds are amazing especially when your in the middle of a firefight. The only complaint i have is the long black out after a death.

I did manage to run into one bug related to this where i got the black screen of death while i was still alive. I could run around and and do everything i just couldn't see or hear. But i know i was alive cause i kept getting the "you cant deploy here" message and was actually killed after sprinting headlong into the enemy(i think). Though maybe its not i bug and i was suddenly struck blind by fear?

Upvote 0
M38 Carbine

M38 Carbine

I posted this in the suggestion forum thread and I thought I'd show it here too:

It might be hard to tell the difference from these screens, but I put this in the IOM today:

791E66570AEBE76DA27A41D0DEF3BD71C6193647

19C0B0DCF49965103A41E2632CBBEA586E28FE81

Moskeeto is working on a new texture for it.

Thanks to aaz777 for the model!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, last night's first scheduled IOM event on the OdW server went very well. We had a solid forty players for a couple of hours, it's the first time I've played with so many - what an experience. Thank you to everyone who managed to turn out.

A couple of things I found frustrating, or problematic, both directly and indirectly related to the IOM.

-----

1) Realism - Classic. I understand that the OdW server was pushed to Realism mode some weeks back before Christmas (IIRC). There was some discussion on the change back then but it petered out. I'm of the impression that the IOM performs better on top of the Classic mode (Vanilla does too, figures). I'm almost certain that there's less suppression and a slightly easier handling of weapons in the current Realism mode despite PanzerJaeger's changes. There's a little too many automatics running around, and at a pace that's a little too fast for many of the maps. It would be nice to see Classic tried again for a few weeks, or at least a Custom mode based heavily upon Classic.

2) Artillery. Dibbler mentioned that the length between artillery strikes is currently linked to the length of the map timer. Unfortunately I find (and many also did) that the maps are far too short - often another twenty, or even thirty minutes are required. Given the short map times, artillery is piss-easy to predict and falls on a regular basis. LordKhaine suggested reverting artillery strikes back to the Ostfront system of /x/ amount of strikes - I like this. Would it be possible to do this dibbler? Even as an alternative system?

3) Recon plane! Get rid. Ugh.

Upvote 0
^ above (classic change only if the realism movement & stamina stays) +

PPSh-41 balance concerns. Esp. on Gumrak station even the Russians started to discuss the balance of this MG like suppressing, 71 rounds high ROF no recoil gun :p While I think it should stay the way it is (since it was so IRL afaik) some thought the handling should get a nerf. IMO if possible limit the SMG class for the allied side only. It was really painful cleaning trenches when someone just has to spray from the hip and your aim instantly turns NOPE.

Pretty awesome event :)

Upvote 0
3) Recon plane! Get rid. Ugh.
I posted that mockup few pages back:

Instead of showing exact positions of single soldiers, enemy positions could be shown as red circles with size/color intensity dependent on number of enemies in the area. Aditonaly this information could be limited to people standing <20m from TL

I'm not sure if it's doable though :cool:

Upvote 0
Hey dibbler a question: in what way does the underlying gamemode (Realism/Classic) and player level affect the weapon handling in a IOM game? Do you have any opinion/plans about IOM 'overriding' the weapon handling of (Realism/Classic/player level) to always behave in the same way?

And also, nice M38, in what way is the behaviour different from the longer variant in game?

Upvote 0
And also, nice M38, in what way is the behaviour different from the longer variant in game?

After getting the numbers, here's how it ended up:

It has 131 damage (like SVT40 / DP28) instead of the Mosin's 136 (not gonna make a difference.)
It shoots 5.5MoA instead of the Mosin's 4MoA (not gonna make a difference under 300m.)
It has more recoil but ironsight-time is *slightly* quicker and the extra sway you get from exhaustion is lower.

Overall it's still a Mosin lol.

Upvote 0