• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Today's crash report:
Played Rakowice as German soldier no problem.
Tried to respawn as Commander- Crashed
Tried to respawn as Machine Gunner - Crashed

You should do a CLEAN manual install of the mutator. (Clean = delete all 14 files (13 .upk giles & 1 .u file from the cache) start fresh).

Then see if your problems persist.

Upvote 0
I played few maps yesterday on nearly full [OdW] server, it was great :)

Some ideas/requests/sugestions:
1) ZOOM: I know that there is very vocal anti-zoom minority here but I really prefer RO2 with zoom (ideally with IS zoom disabled and SHIFT zoom enabled). One of main arguments against zoom is unfair difference between vision of stationary players who sit shiftzoomed in their iron sights and those running/attacking. It could be solved by untying zoom from sprint key and allowing players too zoom while moving ARMA-style :)

Of course it would be optional server setting, I'm sure that it would be more popular than no zoom at all :cool:

2) Biplane UAV - quick mockup:

Instead of showing exact positions of single soldiers, enemy positions could be shown as red circles with size/color intensity dependent on number of enemies in the area.

Upvote 0
I played 2 rounds on the server unfortunatly mostly against bots. Still my impressions:

1. No zoom ist great! The best thing. I hope all the server will disable it. It made using a standing mg in Spartanovka so much better, when riflemen cant snipe you easily.

2. Soundeffects are great. Really awesome artillery sounds.

3. New german yellow uniform is pretty disorienting in Spartanovka but I guess it makes the game a little bit more realistic if you arent shure who you are shooting at.

4. Recoil. I am not sure if this was a server feature or what was going on but the recoil of semiataumatic weapons was EXTREME to the point of not really beeing able to get more than one shot of. I am not sure if I like that.

Upvote 0
The lack of zoom alone makes this game instantly better and more true what I would call "good old time" Red Orchestra. It makes improves the gameplay a lot and the class system makes much more sense without the magic zoom. Classes with SMG's are actually much better when they really support their team in CQB, Rifleman are not magic snipers, machineguns work better and the sniper class is actually more revelant over longer distances.

Upvote 0
The lack of zoom alone makes this game instantly better and more true what I would call "good old time" Red Orchestra. It makes improves the gameplay a lot and the class system makes much more sense without the magic zoom. Classes with SMG's are actually much better when they really support their team in CQB, Rifleman are not magic snipers, machineguns work better and the sniper class is actually more revelant over longer distances.

+1 :D

Sniper class is really useless in RO2. Even in classic with no shift zoom and iron sight zoom only.

No game need zoom :rolleyes: It

Upvote 0
God you are all still moaning about zoom as if it hasn't been mentioned in every other topic on the board.
It is a server setting....get over it!!!

Back to topic.. It has happened quite a few times now where the screen goes black but there is no death or movement,which doesnt end. So you have to pick a role again.
Because you get black screen at death its hard for players to know if they should wait or pick a new role.
Im not sure if this was meant to be a feature or not? But for me it is the one thing that is putting me off playing it.

Upvote 0
God you are all still moaning about zoom as if it hasn't been mentioned in every other topic on the board.

Back to topic.. It has happened quite a few times now where the screen goes black but there is no death or movement,which doesnt end. So you have to pick a role again.
Because you get black screen at death its hard for players to know if they should wait or pick a new role.
Im not sure if this was meant to be a feature or not? But for me it is the one thing that is putting me off playing it.

I'm pretty sure that's a bug. Can you tell me exactly when and how that has happened?

Upvote 0

What is just up with this forum and guys telling other guys what to talk about and what not...
Are you going in a bar and if you see people talking about politics you go there and say: "Stop talking about politics. Shut up"?
Forums are for talking man. Telling someone to not talk about the topic isnt making any sense.
Maybe its the reason only a few people post here.
I am out. Ignorants always win arguments cause in the end they have no discussion partners anymore

Upvote 0
Well its happened on a few maps so not sure what the trigger is, but its almost like you arent dead but have black screen and cant move.

You are still on the map so its like you have been killed but the mod has decided to class you as wounded.
Im sure a couple of times it has been shrapnel thats killed me! Difficult to tell because i cant see death messages to confirm.

Upvote 0