• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Moral of the story: "Get these things Whitelisted NOW."

So much in agreement with this. My opinion would be to submit the mod as it is for WLing, work with TWI to iron out the last of the bugs and get this thing on servers ASAP. Continue to refine and add features for a later submission. The progress you all are making is stunning, but at this point, it's only benefitting the handful of devotees. My guess would be with Wling and the widespread exposure, you'd gain more help for the team as well.

I agree that the main culprit in sight alignment would be the front sight moving relative to the rear. There could be some movement of the rear, especially as you bring the weapon up for the first time, after that, you should have a relatively stable position with your cheek weld on the stock. I really like the overall effect though and could live with it as it is.

After suffering through the first looooong black screens, I think this one is OK. ;)

I hadn't noticed the semi issue, I agree that it should be fixed.

Upvote 0
I agree that whitelisting should be the no.1 priority right now. Maybe polish out the sounds (as it has been pointed before, I also find some sounds to be of slightly worse quality than others, I am sure it wont be hard for us to find them all out if dibbler decides to fix this) and weapon handling+dynamic movement speed and then ship it to TWI. Later versions can include things such as sight alignment etc.

So yeah... Dibbler I do understand that you find it fascinating to create new stuff, but it is probably time to settle down a bit, think over the final details and submit a IOM 1.0 version to TWI.

Upvote 0
Dibbler's mutator has a lot of gameplay changes. My suggestion is to write an overview of all those changes and explain it a bit in details (not how it's done, but what the notable change will be for the players). Next send that list to TWI and ask them if those changes are acceptable for white-listing. This way you will at least get an indication if there are gameplay changes that block the white-listing.

Upvote 0
Dibbler's mutator has a lot of gameplay changes. My suggestion is to write an overview of all those changes and explain it a bit in details (not how it's done, but what the notable change will be for the players). Next send that list to TWI and ask them if those changes are acceptable for white-listing. This way you will at least get an indication if there are gameplay changes that block the white-listing.

Yes, I've been working on compiling just such a report :)

Upvote 0

What would happen if TWI refuse to allow a certain change? Would Dibbler have to remove it?
This has to be the most retarded mutator/mod permission system in any game I've played.

Upvote 0
Well it is the usual procedure for whitelisting.

It always depends on what the whitelist is supposed to keep in order. When it comes to videogames, a whitelist is often making sure that the gameplay experience is unaltered. Unaltered means that in the end it is still the same game in terms of feels and gameplay.

So depending on how TWI is interpreting their white list it would make sense for them to not have the IMO get whitelisted. To be fair the IMO does change a lot of stuff in the game and while it does change some visuals and sounds, in the end it is changing a lot stuff in the gameplay (for the better if you ask me).

This kinda shows the problems a tool like a whitelist can cause. This is especially frustrating when you think about the roots of TWI itself.

Upvote 0
Dont really see a reason why TWI would not want the changes included in the mutator tbh. Nothing messes with the ranking system, nor do any weapons lack sounds or in any way get an unfair advantage. It could be debated that some skins can cause problems (the dotted german uniform looks to me exactly like a russian one from +10meters in coldsteel for example, but this is more down to the map's lighting) but other than that I can't think of anything else...

Upvote 0
Well it is the usual procedure for whitelisting.

It always depends on what the whitelist is supposed to keep in order. When it comes to videogames, a whitelist is often making sure that the gameplay experience is unaltered. Unaltered means that in the end it is still the same game in terms of feels and gameplay.

So depending on how TWI is interpreting their white list it would make sense for them to not have the IMO get whitelisted. To be fair the IMO does change a lot of stuff in the game and while it does change some visuals and sounds, in the end it is changing a lot stuff in the gameplay (for the better if you ask me).

This kinda shows the problems a tool like a whitelist can cause. This is especially frustrating when you think about the roots of TWI itself.

Especially what I highlighted in Yellow.

I was more under the impression that it had to do with unfairly leveling and progression perks. One only has to look at bot farming... :rolleyes:

As far as the gameplay with this mutator (sounds etc aside), I believe it is fairly similar to what Classic does although it does it in a slightly different manner.

Considering these things, and the fact that it being a mutator you don't have to play on those servers if you don't want to, I will find it hard to believe if its not whitelisted.

Upvote 0
Well...

RO2 has recovered pretty good from its launch with the release of RS. However it still seems that a lot of server admins are trying to play it safe. I dont see a lot of servers that put custom maps in their maplist and even more servers seem to be afraid to put anything on that would get the server from the whitelist.

Upvote 0
:cool:

I've already got a few folks prodding me about this for Crucible. I've got people prodding me about the Sound Mutator. It all looks splendid and represents thousands of man-hours of work.

But... (and I'm trying to be diplomatic here) If this stuff isn't submitted and White-listed soon, its all going to be wasted and end up in the dustbin of history. There is no way I'm going to be permitted to place anything on Crucible that isn't white-listed. And what really saddens me is that the development of these fine mods chugs on like a frieght-train as though release is a fait-accompli. You have people cheering on the sidelines, me included.

But I've said it before and I'll say it again: These mods should have been made an initial release and white-listed LAST YEAR. BY THE AUTHORS.

It is getting to the point where I'm starting to think of this stuff as vapor ware. This stuff is NEVER going to show up on a ranked server until someone lifts a finger to submit it for White-listing. And that would be a shame.

I'm pretty certain that TWI is not going to make a move until development is halted and a beta submitted.

Let me give you an analogy: Read the story about Mark Twain's bankruptcy due to the prolonged development of the Paige Typesetter. Took him ten years to recover, and the machine never saw the market. Why? The developer made a career out of one "improvement" after another until the market got filled by a simpler machine from Germany that was not nearly as fancy, but satisfied the need.

Moral of the story: "Get these things Whitelisted NOW." At the pace these things are going, RO3 is gonna be on the doorstep before these mods are. :(

Yeah it would be really nice for IMO to get whitelisted....but.... I have this suspicion it won't see the light of day. IMO changes TWI's "baby" too much in too many different areas. Probably hurts their feelings someone is changing the game around to play so much better and not like a COD run 'n gun fest. The devs may also not like the fact the mutator gives more choice to admins as to restricting or enabling gameplay options. (timelimits, zoom, etc)

So here is what I predict happening:

The mutator will be submitted but rejected for whitelisting so Dibbler will just unlock all weapon attachments from within the mutator. Weapons and attachments will thus become a serverside option as it should of been in the first place. This change will throw the need for carrot chasing and the need to "rank up" out the window .. in turn throwing ranked servers out the window.

Unlock all attachments, remove the annoying splash screen at the end of round stating the server is unranked and "POOF" no one needs ranked servers.

And for those that think Dibbler can't do this...he can. Let's just hope its whitelisted and saves him the trouble. There are better things for him to be working on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0