• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Wow, your work is really impressive, you are my hero from now on ;)
Btw., have you already thought about integrating the Ro1ChatterMut? This mutator basically uses other (RO1 iirc) ingame voices (e.g. for commands like "Attack/Defend"). This would be completely awesome!

Anyway, really appreciating your work, keep it up sir!
... and let the helmets FLYYY!

Upvote 0
Would it be possible to separate the killing effects (Blood, decals, death sounds) and the Sound effects into two separate mutators? :x

Yes, technically. However to accomplish everything I have I had to extend both ROPawn and ROPlayerController.

To make death effects configurable I had to create yet more PlayerController classes. I also have special handling in my pawn classes for death sounds. Same for part of the death effects and all the blood and decals. To make them separate I'd need more classes with only the desired effects in them, I'd have to extend them all the way down the chain for each role and the resulting mutators wouldn't be compatible.

So it is possible but not in a very nice way

Upvote 0
Hmm I have try to test it. I activate the Mod in the Workshop and start Spartanovka. But... no sound mod :eek:

Some known problem? Maybe I have to delete my old mod files and download it again?

EDIT: The game must be restarted after the mod has been updated, for anyone else who's subscribed.

Upvote 0
Is this mod whitelisted?

Can I play with it in any server?

Not whitelisted, it's not even submitted yet as it's very much WIP. If you want to play with it you can either join the sound mutator testing server in the unranked section or launch a singleplayer game with it.

EDIT: Bodies can now be dismembered and thrown around by artillery, I believe that's a new thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not whitelisted, it's not even submitted yet as it's very much WIP. If you want to play with it you can either join the sound mutator testing server in the unranked section or launch a singleplayer game with it.

EDIT: Bodies can now be dismembered and thrown around by artillery, I believe that's a new thing.

Yes I believe that's new. Totally unintentional :D I overrode takedamage in the dying state to try and allow more decals on bodies (didn't work) and allow blood hits (did work.) I did notice that bodies could be dismembered after death now but not launched through the air!

Upvote 0
Yes I believe that's new. Totally unintentional :D I overrode takedamage in the dying state to try and allow more decals on bodies (didn't work) and allow blood hits (did work.) I did notice that bodies could be dismembered after death now but not launched through the air!

I think it was a body, I saw arty hit a little pileup (Bots + fxlifetimemultiplier am I right?) and bits flew EVERYWHERE. Was like... :eek: That's new!

Upvote 0
The instant mute and blackout ( I need a shorter way to describe it :D) should only occur when you're shot in the head. Other wise it's a slow fade to black and white then black. Does this not occur?

I too would like the commander to hang around the radio for arty strikes. I'm not sure what you mean about enemy commanders though. Do you mean when you occasionally hear a commander calling it in over the radio, even when your nowhere near one? That might be problematic considering the stealth weapon mortars have become ;)

Edit: Kleist, you wouldn't happen to be playing a cut version would you? The helmet pop off feature is dependent on gore settings and it uses the gib system to work.

I have a uncut version of RO/RS full gore, but maybe I only have to play the mod longer. It happen not all the time that your helm pop off, is more or less in a random way, or?

About Enemey Commander Arty Strike:
I mean that you hear the enemy commander, when he call in the artillery, a lot of times you can hear his radio signal all over the map. It

Upvote 0