• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

I am more wondering why TWi didnt promote our mod anyhow anywhere. They didnt say even a single word about our mod on any oficial channel, not in steam group, steam workshop - anywhere. When HOTW was released, they spreaded news about it and about its every single update in oficial ro2 steam group, in workshop.
They probably just dont like how our mod changes the game, this is the most probable reason.

The mod was born because of dislike for the original mechanics. Changing the game to fit a different way of playing. Mods like this including competitive mods are often ignored by the developers. As it implies that the vanilla game is bad. It does bring in new things such as weapons and cool features such as detachable bayonets. But it changes the base game a lot and there was only 1 reason for that.

Heroes of the west is more of an expansion. Retaining all the original game mechanics and only bringing in new things. Not to mention a sizable chunk of the new assets are from TWI/AMG themselves. So for something the developers themselves put effort into making it would sort of make sense to advertise it. Not to mention from a potential buyers point of view it looks good. Eastern front, Pacific front and potentially the Western front all for $20.

So you can see why.

Upvote 0
The only reason they spread HOTW so much is so people would stop bugging them for an official western front expansion.

I never heard people yelling that they want western front expansion. There were suggestions, but nothing like massive " GIVE US WESTERN FRONT NAAAAAW".
Fromt another side, I ve heard HELL A LOT of complains about ro2 gameplay in general, about its progression/zoom/prototype weapons/arcade feautures/etc, a lot of suggestions for new weapons. IOM, and its 1,14 version in particular, existed a lot of time before HOTW was even announced.

Upvote 0
The mod was born because of dislike for the original mechanics. Changing the game to fit a different way of playing. Mods like this including competitive mods are often ignored by the developers.

Classic mode was also born because of dislike for the original mechanics, because of serious, massive complaints from most of RO1 players. It was also developed by TWI themselves, they were even improving classic partially some time, improved its movement speed and leaning to iron sights. But they still left classic mode with LOADS of problems, such as unfair-unrealistic iron sight zoom, nonsense weapons (german PTRS, HHL3, imaginated scoped G41 with 1944 scope), very bad and quiet explosion sounds compared to ro1, and etc. Immersion Overhaul mod is basically a logical continuation of classic mode that was developed by TWI.

Why classic was developed by TWI? To keep old players who disliked that Ro2 became very arcade in general.
Why IOM was developed? Basically for the same reasons. New weapons and new content in general are only secondary targets of mod.

So IOM is basically doing the thing that TWI wanted to do. Its using classic mode as a base. And then, before IOM classic mode itself was somehow played, it had its own player groups and events. After IOM was released classic mode itself died instantly. All classic players just moved to Classic + IOM, because its just logical continuation and improvement. Nobody now is even thinking about playing classic mode itself unmodded.

And because of that, its completely illogical for TWI to not promote our mod anyhow. We basically continue their work that they started, they could at least make some kind of announcement like "There is a mod specially for old Ro1 players", like they were putting few lines about classic mode in their announcements.

Upvote 0
The mod was born because of dislike for the original mechanics.

Started with sounds actually, then Dibbler kept noodling about with code changing explosions, then PJ added his stuff, then Aaz, etc, etc.

TWI will never promote it, because as Lemonater said, changing the base game implies something was wrong with it. I think any help does or would come on a personal level, a dev likes it themselves for example, but never from a corporate level. Not knowing, I don't know if the mod team has received help in the past or not.

Upvote 0
Whatever man. They effectively did remove it by ignoring it after adding it as a rushed out afterthought in an attempt to placate the RO players. Who, as you know, were already long gone by the time it was released. Old news. I'd wager that 99.9% of current players don't even know it exists.

If they wanted "realism" and gameplay like IOM provides, they would have designed the game that way. I consider it a victory that they even allow IOM servers to show up on the ranked list.

Upvote 0
I don't like dropping into this thread like this and I apologize to Dibbler and Panzer.

Some of you need to let go of your conspiracy theories. If not, you are welcome to leave these forums and hang out elsewhere.

The simple answer to this is nobody from the team has reached out to me. It is that simple. If they want me to, they know where to find me and they can coordinate with me for PR opportunities. But that will mean a level of early access to that content and some base testing for stability.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0