• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Nice! I love me some dirty uniforms.

They look like real frontsoldiers now.

Any news about the halftrack problem? And are there some plans for the MG42 sound? I personally like the sound. Volume just need to turn on so it will match to the other sounds in IOM.
And i really hope some new tank sounds and less ai-crew voices

And a mix of RO2 and RO1 voicecommands would be fantastic, too :D

Upvote 0
Soviet Infantry skins have been adjusted:
They have more variations (soon to come an SSh36 Helmet too) and more realistic colouring of their gear.

Spoiler!

Since you mention the updated uniform, is there a chance you guys could look into the awful shoulder straps on the Soviet summer uniforms

Upvote 0
actually i already removed them. I am fixing soviet uniform but its still WIP, shoulder straps are removed. Tremozl used new textures on old mesh

Shoulder straps were introduced after Stalingrad right?
I know that they were removed by Stalin against "remnants of Imperial influence" or something from the Russian Empire traditions.

Upvote 0
I think while everybody is entitled to have his own "fundamentalist" prejudice about using zoom on the current IOM version, only playtesting with zoom will show what it actually does to gameplay and user numbers.

From what I have read here I personally like the idea of a 1.3 or 1.5 shift zoom only option for future releases.

Upvote 0
I think while everybody is entitled to have his own "fundamentalist" prejudice about using zoom on the current IOM version

Agree. They want people to play it, but they way they want.

only playtesting with zoom will show what it actually does to gameplay and user numbers.

I don't think a lot new people would come because the zoom was enabled.
The main reasons because people don't play IOM are others, this is not a very big one.

Upvote 0
Of course the other reason for people not playing IOM are having to install the mutator and even editing the .ini file as we see it with custom maps.

I just played a few rounds on the 40-1 server with zoom enabled and enjoyed it very much.

Hope some more of the "no zoom" IOM affizionados will join also in order to make a fair test of the settings possible.

I really appreciate guys like James Ryan who joined the game albeit he dislikes zoom.

Upvote 0
I think while everybody is entitled to have his own "fundamentalist" prejudice about using zoom on the current IOM version, only playtesting with zoom will show what it actually does to gameplay and user numbers

If you want to see user numbers while testing zoom on a IOM server you force me to ignore this server for this time, because i am against zoom.
Of course i would like small zoom more than a lot of zoom, and same zoom for every weapon more than different zoom for different weapons, or just a small shift zoom and no forced IS zoom. But at the end I eould prefer zero zoom. And like PanzerJager said again and again. IOM is created for zero zoom, and the next update will bring some changes.
I'm sure the IOM team has invest a lot of work and time to create a very good solution, a good gameplay and of course a authentic feeling.

So, let us see what the Wizards of IOM has done.

It's okay when 40-1 want to test IOM with IS zoom b for some days (before the IOM update). And i think i will join the server several times, because i love IOM and there is no other populated server. But this is no indicator that i support zoom.
If somebody really want to see the result of zoom i have to do something else. And other who prefer no zoom but like to plax IOM have the same problem.
Maybe two different server will show something. ... maybe, but even this isn't sure.

And like Univermag Ghost said. I don't think zoom is the main problem. Some post ago i have write some sentence about this topic.

So just let us test the zoom (brrrrr) and then letz talk about it in this or AAZ new IOM forum.
Or we just wait for the next update. I am pretty sure the IOM team know what they are doing, right now everything is on a perfect way. Take a look at this amazing german and russian uniforms, new mechanics (features and weapon handling) and new weapons. And of course a lot of new sounds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hope some more of the "no zoom" IOM affizionados will join also in order to make a fair test of the settings possible.

Not if you use the player numbers to told me "hey, there are much more people on the server because we use zoom now" :rolleyes:

Btw even with zero zoom the 40-1 server reached 64 player on good days. So numbers show nothing at all.

When i will be home again i will join the IOM server, because i love IOM and i will support their hard work as best i can. But i can't promise that i will stay as long as i have done it without zoom. ;)

No zoom is the number one reason i start to support the Sound Mutator. The remove of zoom is one of the Basic Elements of IOM for me. And that will never be change for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kleist,

how many people including you ever tested or had the chance to test IOM with zoom on?

I do not see it as a poll where player numbers Server witout vs server with zoom should be compared. I just want to give myself and others the chance to see what IOM with zoom enabled is about.

I most often play as a rifleman and find IOM without zoom quite frustrating and unimmersive.
When it comes to aiming the distance feels unrealisticly large and aiming is almost inpossible. I just feel like a pawn moving around for snipers to be shot at or some rather defenseless figure to be rushed by stormtroopers.

In my perrception without zoom the tactical value of riflemen is negated or at best diminished to the effectivenest of late 18th early 19th century frontloaders.

Upvote 0
Kleist,

how many people including you ever tested or had the chance to test IOM with zoom on?

I personally have see and test it on the RGN server vefore 40-1 have switched.

I personally like to play with bolt action rifles, too. I like SMGs for SLs, but the most of times I choose a rifle.

And nope, I haven't has any problem or even frustration while playing with a rifle without zoom. From the first hour of IOM until now.
And I a real fan of zero zoom. Before dibbler makes my dreams true and remove it, I change my config so I was the only player without any zoom on the whole server. And even then it wasn't frustrating. It just feel, good and authentic and it wasn't too hard. It was just a little bit unfair because everyone has had cyborg eyes.

But no problem if you want to test IOM with zoom. When i will have some time i will join, even with zoom, because i love IOM. I am just pretty sure i will play IOM with zoom for a long time. Because IOM with zoom isn't IOM for me. And I don't will start to play without any zoom by config changes when all the rest can spot me easier.

Upvote 0
Curious, when RGN was running IOM, did you try it when the settings were NO automatic iron sight zoom, but zoom with a separate key?

(my favorite type of setting, I don't like automatic zoom especially at close ranges)

nope it was full zoom when I try it, but i nearly never use shift for x2 zoom, so I play IOM with IS-zoom only (like we can test it right now on 40-1) ;)
Okay, the server wasn

Upvote 0