• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An Anti aliasing Tip

phill1978

May 26, 2012
Use The Free Radeon Pro Utility http://www.radeonpro.info/

and add a new profile using the rising storm exe from win32 / binaries

Set AA to override, and select either 2x, 4x or 8x SuperSampling AA mode.
Then select CFFA edge detect and super sample selected here too for ultimate quality * you can try adaptive for better FPS and its almost as good.

Play around with settings, there is also a Multisample AA technique that works ok too but it doesn't cover the edges quite aswell in adaptive. All of these options perhaps apart from narrow tent or wide tent look way cleaner and are using genuine forced AA

Just for good measure disable the hideous screen filter that is FXAA or MLAA as there just like smearing butter across your polished pixels with a whole screen effect.

Just as a side note, you need a chunky machine to run proper Supersampling AA at 4 and above as every frames edge is sampled at 4 x 1080p (or whatever resolution your running, so for most that will be the equivalent of a 4k Resolution edge render per frame)

But it works REALLY well. On my ye'olde 1gb 5850 adaptive x4 mode is achieving 31 fps with everything else in game set to 'high' without that i normally get 55 - 60 fps but TBH this is one of those games where you dont notice the lower frame rate as the frames themselves seem consistent due to it being a well optimized game.

Not sure why Tripwire don't include the option? if my card can do 31, then a 7970 / 680 GTX can probably do 60, 70+ no probs, perhaps even at x8 adaptive.

Use The Free Radeon Pro Utility http://www.radeonpro.info/

and add a new profile using the rising storm exe from win32 / binaries

Set AA to override, and select either 2x, 4x or 8x SuperSampling AA mode.
Then select CFFA edge detect and super sample selected here too for ultimate quality * you can try adaptive for better FPS and its almost as good.

Play around with settings, there is also a Multisample AA technique that works ok too but it doesn't cover the edges quite aswell in adaptive. All of these options perhaps apart from narrow tent or wide tent look way cleaner and are using genuine forced AA

Just for good measure disable the hideous screen filter that is FXAA or MLAA as there just like smearing butter across your polished pixels with a whole screen effect.

Just as a side note, you need a chunky machine to run proper Supersampling AA at 4 and above as every frames edge is sampled at 4 x 1080p (or whatever resolution your running, so for most that will be the equivalent of a 4k Resolution edge render per frame)

But it works REALLY well. On my ye'olde 1gb 5850 adaptive x4 mode is achieving 31 fps with everything else in game set to 'high' without that i normally get 55 - 60 fps but TBH this is one of those games where you dont notice the lower frame rate as the frames themselves seem consistent due to it being a well optimized game.

Not sure why Tripwire don't include the option? if my card can do 31, then a 7970 / 680 GTX can probably do 60, 70+ no probs, perhaps even at x8 adaptive.

To my knowledge, this is a proprietary AMD technology and will not work on Nvidia cards. However, Nvidia owners can force on their own kinds of AA. Problem is this tends to screw up the ingame UI.

Upvote 0