• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please, someone, make a sound mod!

Fisher

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2011
Crawley, England
The game's sounds are just too lackluster for me, and I'm not the only one. I have often seen people commenting in-game about how underwhelming they are, and even more so now with the massive influx of newcomers. I've had the game since launch, and I have been waiting in hope for a sound mod this entire time, but to no avail.

It's not so much that they are bad, but the gun sounds and especially bullet impacts lack any sense of power. I really would like to do it myself, but I lack the time and the knowledge.

There have been a few very good sound mods which were amazing when they worked, but either became incompatible with newer releases or were simply dropped.

So please, I beg you, devote some time towards making a sound mod that does something to make combat more visceral, be it increasing the volume of impacts and explosions or using/creating completely new sounds. Thank you for your time :p

Lack a sense of power? Dude, I literally CRAP myself when a bullet hits me or flies past me. If it were any more powerful I'd have a heart attack for sure. No other game makes me jump like this.

And the sounds are quite accurate as they were captured with real weapons.

Really, I can barely ever hear them. Plus, I never said the sounds weren't accurate, it's the volume that's the problem, and perhaps a lack of echo.

I mean, compare a firefight from Red Orchestra 2 to this:

Red Orchestra - Epic Battle! - YouTube

...and you'll see what I mean.

Upvote 0
I complety agree. The sounds doesn't sound bad, it's not that, it's just too low. As Fisher says, it's quite underwhelming.

Schnitzel, I cannot understand how the current sounds actually is so intimidating for you. I don't even notice when bullets pass by mostly. The only way I notice that is when I look at the exclamation mark bar and see it going down or the screen goes gray. But don't misunderstand, it is not that the sound of bullets passing by is completely absent, just that the sound is way too low.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
the sounds might have been recorded with the real counter parts but infact sound like muffled quieted versions.pick up a mosin nagant rifle or pistol for 120 bucks and you be the judge. the guns are quiet and dull. only real way to fix it without trynig to get Tripwire to charge aditional fees is to use your sound cards Enhancements and add echo. Bottem right - click the speaker - Volume Mixer - click the speaker - (in speaker properties) click enhancements - check immediate mode and Environment- with environment selected click at the bottom 'Bathroom' adds echo and bass makes it better than the original sounds.

Upvote 0
the sounds might have been recorded with the real counter parts but infact sound like muffled quieted versions.pick up a mosin nagant rifle or pistol for 120 bucks and you be the judge. the guns are quiet and dull. only real way to fix it without trynig to get Tripwire to charge aditional fees is to use your sound cards Enhancements and add echo. Bottem right - click the speaker - Volume Mixer - click the speaker - (in speaker properties) click enhancements - check immediate mode and Environment- with environment selected click at the bottom 'Bathroom' adds echo and bass makes it better than the original sounds.

Bahaha, that's a hilarious solution but it might just work.

Upvote 0
Really, I can barely ever hear them. Plus, I never said the sounds weren't accurate, it's the volume that's the problem, and perhaps a lack of echo.

I mean, compare a firefight from Red Orchestra 2 to this:

Red Orchestra - Epic Battle! - YouTube

...and you'll see what I mean.

You know what shocks me, the amount of detail in the sound on RO1.

You can clearly hear and distinguish every single sound effect (footsteps, mounting the bayo, the wind, background shooting, etc.) be it yours or other soldiers.

In RO2 it all sound faint, "weak" and indistinguishable, specially the explosives (nades, arty, tank shells).

All can really hear are my own sounds (footsteps, breath, shooting) the rest is kinda muffled. Even inside tank it's too quiet, one would think getting hit by a shell inside a tank would be deafening but I can't feel the "power"/impact at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0