• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Roaring 20's Mod

Roaring 20's Mod

• Yes

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • Forget about it!

Votes: 21 44.7%

• Total voters

Giuliano

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
I was watching some of the more action packed episodes of Boardwalk Empire and I thought to myself... How cool would it be to play a game based around that time period? Awesome suits, Tommy Guns and awesome scenery. I will be honest, I don't know the first thing about modding but seeing as I have virtually all the time in the world (I only go to University two days a week) I could definitely learn if I put in a lot of time and effort. Here is my idea...

A mod based around the roaring 20s, focusing on the Castellammarese War that took place in New York between 1929 and 1931. It doesn't necessarily have to be historically accurate as I'm sure gangsters didn't go around in gangs of 32 laying waste to each other in the middle of Brooklyn (unless they did, I wasn't there) but wouldn't it be cool to play a game where your avatar is wearing an awesome suit, a fedora and carrying a Tommy gun?

There would be two factions, The Masseria's and The Maranzano's. Uniform would be a suave suit naturally, but in colors representative of their gang of course. The classes would be as follows:

Soldier: M1911, Thompson Submachine Gun
Enforcer: M1911, Lupara (the Sicilian slang for a Sawn off)

Like I said, I have A LOT of time to learn how to mod. It will probably take a while to do but I'm willing to learn.

How many of you would actually like to play a mod like this?

Last edited:
I think it would be pretty much work or too much work for the result. You have to know that you have to completly build buildings,all other assets and player models. Your idea sounds more like a standalone game cause you can`t use that much RO2 stuff for your idea. And when you`re new to modding I would recommend to build a map first to get into it.

Upvote 0