• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

small things that could be fix by the community - maybe?

The eagle insignia should actually still be on the helmets, it was ordered removal in spring 1944. The tricolore was ordered removal already in 1940 I believe.

The Gefreiterwinkel was proposed by me a longer time ago, glad you brought it up again.

Decorations and medals, even if they are just bitmaps would be great, such as General Assault Badge, Close Combat Clasp, etc.

Upvote 0
I do not miss it. The swastika existed both in Celtic and Germanic as in Hindu religion way before the Nazis came up with it. However, even the DVDS and Blu Ray cover of "Der Untergang" had the swastika removed from the officer hat of Hitler. I'm not sure if this is the right way to act with the whole heritage of the Third Reich.
You could actually argue about all flags to be banned. The USSR flag stands for massmurder, hatred and oppression. The Union Jack stands for worldwide oppression, slavery, exploitation and again massmurder.
The U.S. flag stands for oppression, aggression, massmurder and neo imperialism.
The Japanese Imperial flag stands for oppression, racism, hatred, neo imperialism and massmurder.

BUT, are we not intelligent, smart, do we not know how to act with these things?
I highly doubt that seeing a nazi symbol in a video game will make me go heiling and marching, but there are a lot of people who believe just that: Seeing a nazi symbol in a video game will turn you Nazi instantly.

Now seriously back on topic.
FaceFX for Germans on Eastern Front and Soviets are already in the game files, just need to re-add them. FaceFX for HoW is something I will try my best on after the exams.
Chinstraps would be lovely, just someone model them already! :D

As I suggested wet skins for rainy maps, Random already started testing. We might even achieve bringing 1st person full body to the game as it is hidden in the game files. :)

Repairing the officer hat would indeed be neat and might see realisation with HoW as we will need a lot of new uniforms anyways. :)

Upvote 0
Yes, that's it. You mate Raven thinks like me, in my country The Republic of Argentina, where almost everybody wears in their T-shirts the flag of USA or the ****ING union jack !!!
That's by an side. You propose the same than I posted in this forum, hopefully that be a reality. Thanks

People wear the Union Jack in Argentina? Those are very brave people.

It's all about the history of the flag. And the values of other nations. Western nations all have similar values. They ignore the past and move forward. Today western nations are completely different to what they were 200 years ago.

Hell the Napoleanic wars were pretty much the first war against oppression. Where the armies of the coalition fought against Napoleon rather than fighting against France. The revolution wanted to end the reign of the oppressive aristocracy. Which only led to essentially dictator leading the country. However while optessive had great military success which eases it all for the people. Poor conditions sitting at home made the french army look very appealing. And all french simply hated the English had done for almost 600 years. There's that balancing act that napoleon played which prevented an uprising against him and kept his military strong.

It was similar to how Stalinised communism worked. However that was even more extreme. Hitler got a lot of power for several reasons. Firstly he pulled germany out of its Great Depression. Secondly he killed anyone who had a bad word to say about him or in a position to challenge him. He also led an unsuccessful armed riot in the 1920s with armed war veterans. Not liking the treaty of Versailles one bit.

When he got power he wanted to keep it. Having someone to blame for the defeat in WW1 was a brilliant way of doing that. Jews have always been blamed for things have been for 2000 years. A scapegoat. Unit the german people against a bunch of randoms for political gain. Make the german people feel great about themselves being german. Slaughtering millions of Jews and other undesirables for political gain.

The romans everyone thinks of as a great empire are actually very similar to nazi germany in many ways. But with all the qualities of an empire.

Empires also made things tricky for nations. England being the most succesful. Until it's american colonies didn't want to be English anymore. However you could argue that the spanish empire was more successful. At least more succesful in the Americas South and Central America had far better land and land filled with gold.

But that leaves a massive problem today. They were all imperial nations. After WW2 the United States put an end to traditional imperialism. They actually shrunk the british empire as part of the deal. Lost a lot of its holdings in South East Asia and lost india. The United states had an anti imperial slogan against the japanese. But since their main ally Britain was also an imperial nation it was sorta hypocritical. Hell Australia's army at the time was called the AIF. Australian Imperial Force. Rather than Expeditionary Force or simply Army as other commonwealth nations called their offensive armed forces at the time.

I think the "too soon" argument comes into play. But with the media I don't think that "too soon" will be gone all that shortly in regards to what happened in WW2. Usually things like this are largely forgotten within half a century or less. But it's all on film. All fully documented and easily accessed. It could be centuries before things like this die down.

Upvote 0
Yes, that's it. You mate Raven thinks like me, in my country The Republic of Argentina, where almost everybody wears in their T-shirts the flag of USA or the ****ING union jack !!!
That's by an side. You propose the same than I posted in this forum, hopefully that be a reality. Thanks

People wear the Union Jack in Argentina? Those are very brave people.

It's all about the history of the flag. And the values of other nations. Western nations all have similar values. They ignore the past and move forward. Today western nations are completely different to what they were 200 years ago.

Hell the Napoleanic wars were pretty much the first war against oppression. Where the armies of the coalition fought against Napoleon rather than fighting against France. The revolution wanted to end the reign of the oppressive aristocracy. Which only led to essentially dictator leading the country. However while optessive had great military success which eases it all for the people. Poor conditions sitting at home made the french army look very appealing. And all french simply hated the English had done for almost 600 years. There's that balancing act that napoleon played which prevented an uprising against him and kept his military strong.

It was similar to how Stalinised communism worked. However that was even more extreme. Hitler got a lot of power for several reasons. Firstly he pulled germany out of its Great Depression. Secondly he killed anyone who had a bad word to say about him or in a position to challenge him. He also led an unsuccessful armed riot in the 1920s with armed war veterans. Not liking the treaty of Versailles one bit.

When he got power he wanted to keep it. Having someone to blame for the defeat in WW1 was a brilliant way of doing that. Jews have always been blamed for things have been for 2000 years. A scapegoat. Unit the german people against a bunch of randoms for political gain. Make the german people feel great about themselves being german. Slaughtering millions of Jews and other undesirables for political gain.

The romans everyone thinks of as a great empire are actually very similar to nazi germany in many ways. But with all the qualities of an empire.

Empires also made things tricky for nations. England being the most succesful. Until it's american colonies didn't want to be English anymore. However you could argue that the spanish empire was more successful. At least more succesful in the Americas South and Central America had far better land and land filled with gold.

But that leaves a massive problem today. They were all imperial nations. After WW2 the United States put an end to traditional imperialism. They actually shrunk the british empire as part of the deal. Lost a lot of its holdings in South East Asia and lost india. The United states had an anti imperial slogan against the japanese. But since their main ally Britain was also an imperial nation it was sorta hypocritical. Hell Australia's army at the time was called the AIF. Australian Imperial Force. Rather than Expeditionary Force or simply Army as other commonwealth nations called their offensive armed forces at the time.

I think the "too soon" argument comes into play. But with the media I don't think that "too soon" will be gone all that shortly in regards to what happened in WW2. Usually things like this are largely forgotten within half a century or less. But it's all on film. All fully documented and easily accessed. It could be centuries before things like this die down.

Some things also aren't easily forgotten. Extreme right wing Japan is very scary. There are right wing marches with people dressed in japanese WW2 uniforms demanding that all chinese and Koreans be expelled and that the military rapidly expands to be no longer dependant on the U.S. Not exactly hating the U.S. but wanting to restore full japanese military potential. Argentina as well. Falkland Islands. These islands over the centuries have been owned by pretty much everyone including the United States at one point. Britain owns them now but argentina wants them. You saw what happened to top gear. A war is not easily forgotten in 30 years. Argintina also claims territory in Chile.

Upvote 0
I know a bit about the IOM, but want to ask whether it works on every server or only specified servers?

Join our Steamgroup :D

There are 2 Server. EU Server by [FR] and US Server by [WRG]

In the group we have some events to fill those server with players.
IOM is very good playable, but sadly not everyone know about IOM or try it (because they need to download something or what ever)

The mod is working online. But you need to join a IOM Server. On a default server you will have no problems when IOM is installed on your PC.

Just try it!

Join the group first, and get all informations you need.
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/IOMMODplayers

Upvote 0
Join our Steamgroup :D

There are 2 Server. EU Server by [FR] and US Server by [WRG]

In the group we have some events to fill those server with players.
IOM is very good playable, but sadly not everyone know about IOM or try it (because they need to download something or what ever)

The mod is working online. But you need to join a IOM Server. On a default server you will have no problems when IOM is installed on your PC.

Just try it!

Join the group first, and get all informations you need.
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/IOMMODplayers
thanks man ill try it out later!!

Upvote 0