• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What the community is up to - Vehicles ;)

Negative. The current SDK build can't open the maps made with the new SDK build. After checking through the files for the current Beta, the SdKfz 251 isn't in there. There are, however, some "brewed" versions of stock maps as well as a S&D versions of the Apartments, Station, Fallen Fighter's and Red October Factory maps.

Try maybe setting up a map with it :)

Upvote 0
God damn that looks good!

Negative. The current SDK build can't open the maps made with the new SDK build. After checking through the files for the current Beta, the SdKfz 251 isn't in there. There are, however, some "brewed" versions of stock maps as well as a S&D versions of the Apartments, Station, Fallen Fighter's and Red October Factory maps.
There's a folder in BrewedPC called ROvehiclepack or something like that and has files for the SU76, some more panzer variants and the Sskdsjkjdsd. Perhaps they aren't the correct files though

Upvote 0
Sometime ago i saw pix where was untextured WIP sdkfz251 with opened back doors. It was fake?

No, it was not fake. It was the model that I made, and I took care that the doors could be opened. That involved a lot of work. However, TWI decided to outsource the completion of the 251 to AMG. I was happy about that, because I could not do that myself on time. But it seems they in turn decided to make their own completely new model and did not base it on my much more detailed model. I handed them over my model, but I never got any feedback whatsoever. Not once.

They did not even ask for reference pics or literature, something that was very hard to get and took a long time to collect.

By ignoring any research the vehicle mod team (for the 251 mostly I) had done AMG incorporated several mistakes into the model that can be seen in these pictures.
For example: The exterior is that of a 251 Ausf. C (correct for 1942), but the interior belongs to a 251 Ausf. D.
And that is just the most obvious mistake.

Nice to learn that way that all my work and all my research was completely in vain. A little feedback along the way would have been appreciated.

I hope that at least the KV1 for which I modeled a good part of the exterior will see the battlefield.

Upvote 0
You mean that if they used the Ausf.C exterior it would have allowed 6 passenger seats ? I also want to apologize for my assumption about the pics being fake.

No need to apologize.
My guess is that for now on this alpha test there are four seats because that is some sort of code limit, derived from the UC code. I hope it will be adjusted along the beta testing.

There is no difference in the number of seats in an Ausf

Upvote 0
No, it was not fake. It was the model that I made, and I took care that the doors could be opened. That involved a lot of work. However, TWI decided to outsource the completion of the 251 to AMG. I was happy about that, because I could not do that myself on time. But it seems they in turn decided to make their own completely new model and did not base it on my much more detailed model.

Big thanks Siegertyp, for your great work for the community. Your sdkfs251 with openable doors is awesome. And it strange that TWI did not use this model. This is very sad and unbelievable. :(:confused:
If they continue to behave so, then the community will no longer wish to do new things, it just do not make any sense to do so. I think.

Upvote 0
2 years down the road and TWI continues to get a pass on the lack of promised vehicles.....You cant throw stones at the community guys because they are doing this on their own...its almost as if that was the plan all along!

..yet here we sit with nothing to use and only the "its in beta" song being constantly played.......I certainly hope "the next patch" will have something worthwhile!

Upvote 0
Wow. Just, wow. No feedback or anything? That just plain sucks, Siegertyp. Those were beautiful models that you made and I'm sorry that the work was all for naught. Letting the community in on the behind the scenes stuff is very enlightening and helps us understand why it has taken so long to get to this point with the 251.

And speaking as a semi-retired bolt counter, I find it ridiculous that elements as obvious as a radio are left off of the model. This is just sloppy and lazy, just like the lack of research on the interior of the Pz IV. There is a TON of research material available and there really is no excuse for not getting it right given that the interiors are such a large part of the RO2 vehicle experience.

Upvote 0