• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What the community is up to - Vehicles ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- for free - on their spare time - for us.

That's the problem. In almost any game where 'the people' decide to do something big it comes to a stand-still after a while. Also, RO2's player count isn't exactly a big morale booster at the time.

Nevertheless, I hope you guys do stick around, just don't put too much hay on the fork.

Upvote 0
To be honest, I personally couldn't care less about interriors. At least not if it is as timeconsuming as TWI claims. It's in my opinion more important to get vehicles in the game and focus less on interrior.

Gameplay before shinyness, exactly. I'd love it if it were released without high texture/completed insides originally, and then those were added in later. The functionality of the vehicle is the main thing here.

Upvote 0
I am not so sure, I think that part of the functionality comes with the interior of the vehicle.

I mean, consider if they released tank with no interior, what happens when a crew member dies? Do you just instantly switch to that position when you want, or do you have a timed delay to be in place of the time it would take to move to that position?

No one has to answer these questions, I am just thinking out loud, but I feel the interior of the tanks brings in a whole new element that we did not have before and taking it away just because we want more stuff sooner, idk.

I feel like if TWI is going to make tanks this new way they should stick to what they set out and go big.

*edit* but for these guys doing the vehicles they can do whatever they want :D it is their project.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A few posts have been made where people tell that projects like this often come to a halt. Well one of the reasons why projects like this do come to a halt is because of a less constructive attitude from some people outside the project. If you work on a project like this, then it's often hard. Need to find a balance between work (or school or both), family and the project. Often it's the family that gets the worst part of the deal (meaning less attention). If the project members then read posts which don't sound to positive, and if they see them too often, then the next question will pop-up into their mind "Why and for whom am I doing this?". That's one of the reasons why these kind of projects come to a halt. So please be more positive and constructive. That will be a much better motivator for the team.

Upvote 0
A few posts have been made where people tell that projects like this often come to a halt. Well one of the reasons why projects like this do come to a halt is because of a less constructive attitude from some people outside the project. If you work on a project like this, then it's often hard. Need to find a balance between work (or school or both), family and the project. Often it's the family that gets the worst part of the deal (meaning less attention). If the project members then read posts which don't sound to positive, and if they see them too often, then the next question will pop-up into their mind "Why and for whom am I doing this?". That's one of the reasons why these kind of projects come to a halt. So please be more positive and constructive. That will be a much better motivator for the team.

Well thankfully only really one post in here has been negative so we are kind of good so far.

I also agree with the interior thing, right now the important thing is getting them in game and making sure they work well and such. So I'd say maybe early on they could release it without an interior then after everything goes fine in how it works and such then the interior can be added later. Well that in unless they just want to release the whole thing done right then and there :p

Upvote 0
Devs are always looking for bears, especially free ones. Our lead programmers wife has been telling him no for several months now :(

You have to look at the Pros, Bears are great for PR, advertisement, and bragging right "hey why should I buy this companies game?" "because they have a ****en bear" boom instant sale.

Also keeping a leashed bear in the office increases the efficiency of work to maximum where as if something not done on time the leash gets a bit longer. :p

Bob I think I should be hired as PR for the mod, hype levels would be insane lol

Anyways you said last week we might get some new screens this week? any ETA on those?

Upvote 0
Hey guys!

We're recruiting now!
If you are interested in joining the team and provide us with your talent read this page:
-> Recruiting-Thread

You have to look at the Pros, Bears are great for PR, advertisement, and bragging right "hey why should I buy this companies game?" "because they have a ****en bear" boom instant sale.

Also keeping a leashed bear in the office increases the efficiency of work to maximum where as if something not done on time the leash gets a bit longer. :p

Bob I think I should be hired as PR for the mod, hype levels would be insane lol

Anyways you said last week we might get some new screens this week? any ETA on those?

There will be an update with new media as soon as possible.
Sometimes it's better to wait a bit longer, so we can show better results.

Regards,

Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0