• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What the community is up to - Vehicles ;)

Thank you very much and good luck and many hours of productive work for you guys.

If you need any help with regards to how to get rid off an angry wife for x hours feel free to get back to me and i can advise you on some evasion tactics.

On the other hand i think its more or less sad to see that something like this has to be done 1 year post release by the community and that not a single vehicle has been added since release while shifting attention elsewhere. :-(
(not mentioning the online campaign mode... )

Upvote 0
First of all, we're working WITH TWI not for TWI!
We get awesome support by the Tripwire Interactive staff, they're working with us!

Who said we're not going to make transports?
And what vehicles are we going to get in game? ....Well....Why you don't just tell us what you want? ;)
Let's see what our guys can do? ;)
Any word on what the vehicles you are working on are, or do you not wan't to speak of this yet? Also, if you are not working on transports, but say you are working on getting in/out, might it be made possible ride tanks for the time being?

Again...Tripwire is working on it....with the community!
We get amazing changes to the game from TWI so that we can work on it.
E.g. the enter/exit code for the vehicles, provided by TWI...just one of the awesome stuff from TWI!
On the other hand i think its more or less sad to see that something like this has to be done 1 year post release by the community and that not a single vehicle has been added since release while shifting attention elsewhere. :-(
(not mentioning the online campaign mode... )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the thread Bob but I was hoping for pictures :p how long have you guys been working on the vehicles?

Also I know you don't want to promise or tell to much but if you have been working on this for awhile there has to be one vehicle you guys have that has more work then the rest and closer to completion, so what would that be?

Thanks again

Upvote 0
I really appreciate your cooperation with the devs and hope this turns out into getting even closer to the good old RO CA fun.

In the light of other negative industry events like the crap that happend to Iron Front I must say at least they(TWI) are seeing this through. Respect.

I would love to see halftracks back in game and few armored alternatives like the pz3 or a bt.

Upvote 0
What happened to Iron Front exactly?

Well, Iron Front is a mod for Arma 2, right? You probably heard that Arma was buggy, right? Iron Front is a bug itself, based on bugs of Arma 2. I bought it, played it approx. 1-2 hours up to now and now I will be waiting until it's playable. I might be retired by then. Only thing that seems to work is the editor.

Who said we're not going to make transports?
And what vehicles are we going to get in game? ....Well....Why you don't just tell us what you want? ;)
Let's see what our guys can do? ;)

Thanks a lot for your great effort! About the interiors, wouldn't it be a shortcut to simply use the interiors of the PZ IV for the moment and put it into any other tank such as PZ III, Stug and its variations? That would probably save time.

Vehicles I'd personally be interested to see:

- PZ III (any of its variants)
- PZ II
- SDKFZ 251 (any of its variants)
- SDKFZ 222
- Stug III
- Marder
- KV 1
- Trucks?

Anyways, whatever you pick, whenever you release it, it's all good. I wish you good luck on your projects

Upvote 0
Well I tried to get into level design with working on my Karlovka2 map, but it's been too long since I did such a feat and with a new son and family/work/personal life, that was put on the back burner.

I then started working on modeling the M39 grenade and Molotov Cocktail. The M39 is complete for the most part and then halted work on the Cocktail due to losing motivation with the game for various reasons.... that and again, time restrictions slowed things down.

But.... if you guys need an additional person to work on textures, that's right down my alley and I'm working in Illustrator and Photoshop daily in my job and those programs are my strong point, with over a decade of experience in the Photography/Signage industry and in my own spare time with 3D Modeling/Gaming over the years.

I can whip out top notch textures in minutes, either from scratch or based off of photos/sources..... be that sources from the net which are heavily modified/referenced, or photos I take myself.

I formally offer my services as another Texture guy if you need one. Textures can be done a hell of a lot quicker for me than anything else, and I'm at the point now where when I have free time to play a game or something, I'm twiddling my thumbs because I don't have a game to occupy my time, I'm not playing RO2 as much these days due to being burnt out on the existing content, and I need something to do.

Modeling and level design takes too much time beyond my free time, but texturing would be a frick'n snap and could get multiple textures rolled out each week.... mostly on weekends.

If you are interested, just let me know. Inform me on the size/resolution of the textures you need, let me know which textures of what models you require, bump maps, etc..... I work in high res and then adjust to the size required so that maximum quality is the end result.

Let me know, and we can sort out additional details.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the thread Bob but I was hoping for pictures :p how long have you guys been working on the vehicles?
- Maybe I can take some photos at the weekend?! :p

Also I know you don't want to promise or tell to much but if you have been working on this for awhile there has to be one vehicle you guys have that has more work then the rest and closer to completion, so what would that be?
- Fortunately not, we're working on more vehicles than just one ;)

Thanks again

Thanks a lot for your great effort! About the interiors, wouldn't it be a shortcut to simply use the interiors of the PZ IV for the moment and put it into any other tank such as PZ III, Stug and its variations? That would probably save time.
- We can think about this, but it wouldn't be final!

Vehicles I'd personally be interested to see:

- PZ III (any of its variants)
- PZ II
- SDKFZ 251 (any of its variants)
- SDKFZ 222
- Stug III
- Marder
- KV 1
- Trucks?

- Well...I can tell you some vehicles of your list are in progress at the moment. Shouldn't be a problem to know which ;)

Anyways, whatever you pick, whenever you release it, it's all good. I wish you good luck on your projects

Great news! Really looking forward to seeing what work you guys turn out. Also it would be great if you didn't only make vehicles just for the stalingrad era. Would be great to have Tigers and IS2's :p Keep up the good work!
- I have to say that the vehicles in the stalingrad area are our first priority and everything else isn't to debate at the moment, sorry!

@Cpt-Praxius: You got mail! ;=)

Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know how similar those were, but wouldnt this end in some horrible clipping issues?

Probably, as if I remember correctly, the Stug's driver position has a crawling section and the turret is nowhere near the same. The main problem would be when as the driver, you want to pop out of the hatch, your head would pop out behind where the actual hatch would be and you'd most likely be still inside the tank, thus the clipping.

That and there's no commander's position like what you see in the P4, with the view ports.

I'm on my phone right now, so I'm going from memory, but there isn't an MG position in the same spot as in the P4, and there was sometimes an MG mounted at the top hatch in the turret area.

Trying to use the same interior for the Stug as what's used for the P4 would just be all kinds of wrong. You'd be better just sticking to a similar interior as what you'd find in ROCA/RO1.

Check the following to see what I'm talking about regarding differences:

Stug%20III%20G%20A1.jpg

The driver's viewport is behind the hatch, no MG on the right but in the top of the "turret" at the right hatch, and no commander's position as you'd see on the P4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0