• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the Unreal Engine and RO2 Modding scene, having some issues with SDK

Vorlox

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 29, 2012
I've used SDK's before such as Valves Hammer editor and other tools, I've never really used the UDK or RO2 Editor before, I have a basic map created and I can spawn as either allies or axis, But, when trying to add a texture to anything(I mean anything); The content browser locks up and once even crashed my entire machine, I looked at possible fixes on these forums for about an hour and none seem to work and this "GameAsset" file I'm supposed to delete doesn't appear to be present, where is it supposed to be located?

Also another thing, being unfamiliar with how the editor works, How do I place down weapons or chose the spawn weapons? As I'm attempting at making a single-player linear-based map, i have a planned project already which I was going to create on the source engine, but i decided to use the RO2 engine and UDK instead as the engine is VERY well refined and the amazing cover system, guns and realism would make everything 10x better!

I wasn't the best at mapping on source, but I could make a fairly decent CSS map, and knew just about how the entire toolset worked, would anyone say that UDK/ro2 sdk is easier, or just the same to use? Seeing as how Hammer and the source SDK is 7 years outdated?

Thanks in advance, this is my first post at the forums :)
Scott.

Hi Scott, good luck with your map.

There currently isn't support for weapons placed in maps- RO2 isn't deisgned that way. We don't have much documentation on singleplayer maps yet; perhaps you could try a multiplayer one?

To fix the content browser, switch the view to something like a list view. You won't get previews of anything but it stops them from previewing- which should fix crashes.

To do this, check near the bottom of the content list and look for some small buttons that change how the content is displayed.

Upvote 0