• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RypeL Cam for RO2

Its always nice to see RypeL cam return to RO. It's been my favourite demo tool for both the UT series and all incarnations of Red Orchestra. My favourite feature remains abilities to fast forward demos and enable wallhacks, so it becomes possible to investigate cheaters a bit easier ^^.

BTW. There is an error in the help file instead of ROEditor.ini that change should probably be made in ROGame.ini as DecalManagerClassPath= does not exist in ROEditor.ini but it does in ROGame.ini

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This looks amazing, I'll certainly test this out right away

Edit: Can't seem to find this: My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config\ROEditor.ini

Edit 2: That file is not named ROEditor in that path, it's ROGame.ini, and I still can't find this specific folder My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Published\CookedPC

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its always nice to see RypeL cam return to RO. It's been my favourite demo tool for both the UT series and all incarnations of Red Orchestra. My favourite feature remains abilities to fast forward demos and enable wallhacks, so it becomes possible to investigate cheaters a bit easier ^^.

BTW. There is an error in the help file instead of ROEditor.ini that change should probably be made in ROGame.ini as DecalManagerClassPath= does not exist in ROEditor.ini but it does in ROGame.ini
There is no wallhack feature in RypelCam versions for Unral Engine 3 and it is not planned to build one. You may request such a feature at TWI, supposedly they're still working on the demo playback feature.

Thanks for telling the error in the readme with the wrong file name for the installation. ROEditor was used for compiling the mod package, but RypelCam is installed in ROGame.ini.
The readme was corrected.

Fuzzy McDoodle said:
That file is not named ROEditor in that path, it's ROGame.ini, and I still can't find this specific folder My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Published\CookedPC
If the folders don't exist, create them.

Question @ TWI: Can you make the current demoframe accessible? It is a pointer in the native code and could solve timing issues, since the time in UE3 is bugged and not reliable enough. Thanks.:)
Btw, you locked the field of view, but that supposedly prevents from seeing through walls - if you fix that, the fov/zoom in RypelCam should work.

Upvote 0
Question @ TWI: Can you make the current demoframe accessible? It is a pointer in the native code and could solve timing issues, since the time in UE3 is bugged and not reliable enough. Thanks.:)
Btw, you locked the field of view, but that supposedly prevents from seeing through walls - if you fix that, the fov/zoom in RypelCam should work.

We are looking into this.

Upvote 0
RypeL created a new RO2 RypelCam which runs on the new Rising Storm multiplayer.
Download it here.

New commands:

- seekToFrame 'frame' 'speed' -> more reliable than the seekto command with timestamp. The Time in the demo often is way different in different viewings of the demo, the framecounter is always the same and accurate.
-'F'-Key: As close as i could get to a pause mode so far. The issues of the pause lies within RO2 and atm seems unlikely that i could fix it.
- DepthOfField 'enabled(true/false)' 'FocusDistance'
- WriteColladaFile true false -> creates C4D file in C:\...\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\User

- FOV changes in the campath should be working now (select a campoint with 'Num+'/'Num-' and the hit 'O' to switch into fov mode and then hit 'Num7'/'Num8' to change fov for that campoint.

- Moving in pause mode works now

- dynamic slowmo feature

Upvote 0