• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

Hi Harley,

friggin awesome looking. Several pictures of the river, bridge and the village remind me of one of the DH maps. DH_ChateaU? Forgot the name...

It was a nice map and yours looks stunning as well. It looks big too. Do you already know what time limit you will give on your map? That would give me/us a general idea of the size probably.

I am excited to try your map! :IS2:

Upvote 0
Hi Harley,

friggin awesome looking. Several pictures of the river, bridge and the village remind me of one of the DH maps. DH_ChateaU? Forgot the name...

It was a nice map and yours looks stunning as well. It looks big too. Do you already know what time limit you will give on your map? That would give me/us a general idea of the size probably.

I am excited to try your map! :IS2:

Thanks Sensemann! Yes you hit the nail on the head. :) I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread that the first part of the map is based on Cheneux from DH (my favorite map) Objectives are the same (fields, trenches, Bridge etc)
The town itself is my own design plus I have a second bridge on the other side of town and another smaller forrest area. It's a twin objective push map also. Maybe a meat grinder but we'll see. :D
Still working out the time for it but I'd say roughly 40 minutes or more with about 13 to 15 objectives so far. (it's a big'n) I also have to up the amount of reinforcements as the defenders keep running out before I get to the final objectives when testing. I have it at 300 russians and 250 germans at the mo. (Germans defending)

It's a lot of fun even with bots so I can't wait to see how it plays out with humans.

:IS2:

Upvote 0
Still working out the time for it but I'd say roughly 40 minutes or more with about 13 to 15 objectives so far. (it's a big'n) I also have to up the amount of reinforcements as the defenders keep running out before I get to the final objectives when testing. I have it at 300 russians and 250 germans at the mo. (Germans defending)

It's a lot of fun even with bots so I can't wait to see how it plays out with humans.

:IS2:

Yeah human testing is a must as when you add them correct Bots will run to the objective and do what have to be done. They don't stay back they run to the objective.

Humans or at least quite a few will play different. Some will go prone on your map borders and pop down enemies from there. Others will just lay further back and pop enemies from the way back.

The most valuable humans will go for the objectives and kill enemies there while they cap the objective. Meanwhile they shout to the previous mentioned players to get in the bloody objective as they are struggling to cap it.

Upvote 0
Hi all,
It's been a little quiet in here so here's some of my latest screen shots. The map (no name yet) is coming along nicely but I'm still only 3/4 the way through. I just hope it runs well for everyone - yikes! Lots of new assets in here so it'll be a large download when its done. sorry in advance for that.
I can't give an estimate of when it'll be done as my job keeps interfering. :rolleyes: Still fleshing it out with models and such, also there are still covernode, mantle and spawn bugs that the good peeps at TW are looking into. So I'll wait until they are ironed out before releasing.

Anyway back to it. Hope you like. :)

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Very nice 8)
Terrain looks a bit low res at some points, what's the tiling on it like?
Also: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/TerrainAdvancedTextures.html

Upvote 0
Yeah human testing is a must as when you add them correct Bots will run to the objective and do what have to be done. They don't stay back they run to the objective.

Humans or at least quite a few will play different. Some will go prone on your map borders and pop down enemies from there. Others will just lay further back and pop enemies from the way back.

The most valuable humans will go for the objectives and kill enemies there while they cap the objective. Meanwhile they shout to the previous mentioned players to get in the bloody objective as they are struggling to cap it.

Well said and I agree 100% Drecks.
Humans can completely make or break your idea of how it will play out.
e.g At the moment I know I have too many high open windows where humans campers can completely own but the bots don't bother going there. Just not sure yet which ones to close off..time will tell. It's interesting how many player hats you have to where when testing your own map. I for one am a 'get to the cap' type of player. So playing as a sniper/camper is something I have make myself do in order to look for those horrible game breaking holes in design. :)

Very nice 8)
Terrain looks a bit low res at some points, what's the tiling on it like?
Also: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/TerrainAdvancedTextures.html

Thanks Xendance!
All the ground textures are set to 4 (mapping scale) and they're 2048
Which screenshot do you think looked the most low res?
Thanks for the link too, will check it out now. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks Xendance!
All the ground textures are set to 4 (mapping scale) and they're 2048
Which screenshot do you think looked the most low res?
Thanks for the link too, will check it out now. :)

The one with the germans in the trench. It's so low res that it's pretty hard to figure out what the ground is supposed to be.
Though that probably is a mesh? :D

Upvote 0
Some comments on the map was that it needed more detail and less empty areas. As there is no opportunity to play it the benefite is that there is plenty of time to polish and updating it. :):):):)

Added more details and interior areas and even added more options to shoot from higher positions. Added an entire new objective area with high fire positions for attackers and defenders.

Now wait for a solution so the community can play custom maps.
Meanwhile more details and stuff will be added until my graphic card say stop !!!! :rolleyes:

hr5.jpg

hr6.jpg

hr7.jpg

hr1.jpg

hr2.jpg

hr3.jpg

hr4.jpg

Upvote 0
I add them manually. Its a drag but then I know thay are placed correct.
I copy them in unlit mode which made it even harder to see if they wont float. But copy in lit mode makes the editor crash. Once copied I use the widget to rotate them in the desired position. I gave them a max drawdistance of 1500....
i could raise that but I'm a performance whore.

Upvote 0
Woah! Harley, I think your map will be a all time favourite for me, i got allmoast all asstets I would ever want in a map and it looks totaly beautiful!
I'm not kidding, I'm so exited about the map I am make up imaginary gameplay in my head of how matches would play out in the map!
Greate job, your an artist!

Upvote 0
Hi all,
It's been a little quiet in here so here's some of my latest screen shots. The map (no name yet) is coming along nicely but I'm still only 3/4 the way through. I just hope it runs well for everyone - yikes! Lots of new assets in here so it'll be a large download when its done. sorry in advance for that.
I can't give an estimate of when it'll be done as my job keeps interfering. :rolleyes: Still fleshing it out with models and such, also there are still covernode, mantle and spawn bugs that the good peeps at TW are looking into. So I'll wait until they are ironed out before releasing.

Anyway back to it. Hope you like. :)

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
good work mate :) cant wait to try this.

Upvote 0
I add them manually. Its a drag but then I know thay are placed correct.
I copy them in unlit mode which made it even harder to see if they wont float. But copy in lit mode makes the editor crash. Once copied I use the widget to rotate them in the desired position. I gave them a max drawdistance of 1500....
i could raise that but I'm a performance whore.

It's a very unfortunate bug that one. I still occasionally forget I'm in shadow mode and...kaboom! It also doesn't help that in Maya the alt key is held down constantly for navigation and in udk its the copy key lol. You know how easy it is to confuse the keys when going back and forth from one program to another. Or maybe that's just me. :p

Thanks everyone for the awesome feedback too!

Nylle, I really hope the map/matches live up to your imagination dude and thanks for the inspirational compliments. :)

Upvote 0