• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

I've been messing in 3ds max to try and make some props, here is a small bunker I nearly finished modelling. Still more work

Good idea to bring in some fortifications. You may want to model it a bit boxier, though. Keep in mind how these concrete structures are built in real life. Form boards are used to model the shape, and the concrete is cast in this form. In the field and having to rush construction, it is extremely unlikely to see a fortification with a wall that is bent in two dimensions. That is too complex to produce under these circumstances. I'll look for some reference pictures of bunkers on the eastern front and post them later.

Upvote 0
Here are two examples of soviet bunkers:

100_5909.JPG

world-war-2-bunker-4.jpg

imgres

Upvote 0
Good idea to bring in some fortifications. You may want to model it a bit boxier, though. Keep in mind how these concrete structures are built in real life. Form boards are used to model the shape, and the concrete is cast in this form. In the field and having to rush construction, it is extremely unlikely to see a fortification with a wall that is bent in two dimensions. That is too complex to produce under these circumstances. I'll look for some reference pictures of bunkers on the eastern front and post them later.

Thanks for the comment.
This bunker is actually a real life bunker, albeit not used during WW2, I thought it would be a good subject because the shape is interesting. This type of bunker was planted everywhere in Albania from the end of ww2, through Cold war.

Anyway I'm probably going to start this one over later when I get more experience it wasn't the easiest thing in the world to make for a newb like me :) and it's not very good (needs more poly like Harley said)

However I'm going to make some more boxier pillbox after this one, like the one you pictured, also maybe some made out of logs which apparently were common on the Eastern Front.

Upvote 0
Friends, ROmans, Countrymen...hehe

Friends, ROmans, Countrymen...hehe

Hi all,
It's been a little quiet in here so here's some of my latest screen shots. The map (no name yet) is coming along nicely but I'm still only 3/4 the way through. I just hope it runs well for everyone - yikes! Lots of new assets in here so it'll be a large download when its done. sorry in advance for that.
I can't give an estimate of when it'll be done as my job keeps interfering. :rolleyes: Still fleshing it out with models and such, also there are still covernode, mantle and spawn bugs that the good peeps at TW are looking into. So I'll wait until they are ironed out before releasing.

Anyway back to it. Hope you like. :)

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0