• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

Some time ago I had an idea for a new combined arms map called Jelschanka with a radio station as main objective. Maybe I can finish it sometime, but first I try to finish another combined arms map.

It may be that I'll ask for help here soon.

Hope you like it ;)

This looks so damn good, I hope you continue work on this!

Upvote 0
The BF3 map gave me the inspiration. I was doing some research to check, if there was a radio station near Stalingrad around 1942, so I found this areal photo of Jelschanka. I couldn't find any photos of the actual radio masts, so I used other photos as template. But the radio station building and the buildings around still seem to exists, as well as the village. Sadly, I can't find the exact location anymore in google maps... UPDATE: 48

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WIP Nothing fancy, have nice upcoming weekend :IS2:JellonaVesa hi poly emp35, based on aaz777 low poly.
Also you can pin point things what you want me to change as I am still working on it. Sorry double post.

13191991.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First anything in UDK, first custom map for me. ever. in anything. So criticism is welcome :)

YEAAAA another mapper:)

About criticism.. the map is not even in alpha so i don't think i can criticise a lot.. i can only say i really appreciate the map's snowy/dirty feeling.

What do you have in mind about your map's gameplay?

I' ve been drooling too much time thinking about playing an HUGE and tactically deep combined arms map:D

Upvote 0
YEAAAA another mapper:)

About criticism.. the map is not even in alpha so i don't think i can criticise a lot.. i can only say i really appreciate the map's snowy/dirty feeling.

What do you have in mind about your map's gameplay?

I' ve been drooling too much time thinking about playing an HUGE and tactically deep combined arms map:D

I'm going for a big open map, halftacks, tanks the works. Hopefully I can figure out how to get the new tanks in. Thanks for the comment :D

Upvote 0
Well, here it is, my first addition to the WIP progress thread that isn't total nonsence. oh man i'm scared

Anyways, I give you, Rzhev Meatgrinder WIP
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127693162@N06/

First anything in UDK, first custom map for me. ever. in anything. So criticism is welcome :)

Awesome Map idea..I too am jumping head first into the UDK and although learning curve is steep, I am getting there bit by bit. Keep us updated with more screenies as you progress and Good Luck!

Upvote 0