• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

Shouldn't you wait for RS to come out? I know that might take a while but it could help you with models and meshes later on while you make the base map with placeholder items meanwhile.. Just a suggestion! :)

Thats pretty much what im planning on doing.. until then the Russians will be fighting for the Americans haha.

Id LIKE to get a playable version out before Rising storm just to get feedback , then make it better when rising storm comes out

Upvote 0
so um..yeah, Im pretty much done on the beach part of my map and just wondering what you guys think of it.

Pretty much here is what ive done so far to try and make it "better"

-I added a blueish tint, and light rays from the sun
-its pretty much set up for the Axis to loose the beach, nobody likes playing a 20 minute round of spawn, die, spawn die, repeat, lose
-Planes fly over you! ( ...dont zoom in on them lol )
-Some custom models, but I stole textures from what was already there :p

Stuff I cant really change:
-Bots are stupid. The bots are not meant to be in a situation like a beach landing. Most other maps its an open area and they can walk around wherever, be on a beach it doesn't rally make sense why and axis soldier would just start walking down the beach ( they dont get to far though. )
The Allies are worse though, 75% of them detect the axis right away and stay in the Landing craft and shoot, pretty annoying. That is only for the 1st part though.

Also, the planes do not really actually have any animated parts they are just moving. lol.

Red Orchestra 2 "Beach Landing" Pre-Alpha of Alpha preview - YouTube

Im still unsure if I what to name it..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am just posting up a screen of a bunker shot from a map that I am working on, I know it is really nothing to go by, but I was wondering what people think of what they see?
Spoiler!

That bunker looks amazing! In level with the best bunkers on Mamayev. And thoes are some cozy bunkers I tell ye'!
Oh man the lightning looks perfect. Keep up the good work, I'd love to play your map.

Upvote 0
Looks very nice for a pre alpha.
But I think the ground looks like cement I also think that those antitank barriers (those out of cement are a bit deplaced; I think they would sink in the sand because they are so heavy.

Yeah, while placing trenches I had to keep increasing the tesselation.. Or whatever it's called so they would be in the ground right.

Upvote 0
Looks very nice for a pre alpha.
But I think the ground looks like cement I also think that those antitank barriers (those out of cement are a bit deplaced; I think they would sink in the sand because they are so heavy.

No, the concrete dragon's teeth have a large concrete foundation which is buried underground. This is so you can't just drag them out of the way.

Upvote 0
c200k can we expect patches of flowers on this map? I won't play it unless you add flowers!

It looks really amazing though, could you tell us more about it?

There will be flowers of course!

Some information about this map:

It has the size of the gumrak map.
It's a fictional map, germans attack, soviets defend, the battle takes place somewhere during Operation Barbarossa.
There are several objectives, 2 small villages, a soviet defense position, and another objective I'm still thinking about, but I already have a nice idea.

It's good to see the progress of Blitzkrieg Bob's vehicle project. I think this map would be perfect to use halftracks, AT guns, tanks and whatever they'll create.

Best Regards

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
There will be flowers of course!

Some information about this map:

It has the size of the gumrak map.
It's a fictional map, germans attack, soviets defend, the battle takes place somewhere during Operation Barbarossa.
There are several objectives, 2 small villages, a soviet defense position, and another objective I'm still thinking about, but I already have a nice idea.

It's good to see the progress of Blitzkrieg Bob's vehicle project. I think this map would be perfect to use halftracks, AT guns, tanks and whatever they'll create.

Best Regards

Oh god that would be amazing to have all those on there. Just take your time man. I know there are some people who put their maps on the back burner until carriers come, maybe you should do the same since it's so huge and include infantry?

For a minute there, i thought i was looking at another version of Arad...lol

Arad2noforestsB9000~

Upvote 0
Quote: "It's a fictional map, germans attack, soviets defend, the battle takes place somewhere during Operation Barbarossa.
There are several objectives, 2 small villages, a soviet defense position, and another objective I'm still thinking about, but I already have a nice idea."

Its looking good,with a couple more valleys with trees on the ridges you could call it Berezina 2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh god that would be amazing to have all those on there. Just take your time man. I know there are some people who put their maps on the back burner until carriers come, maybe you should do the same since it's so huge and include infantry?

I will definitely need a lot of time without putting it on the back burner :D

<snip>

Best Regards!

Last edited:
Upvote 0