• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is cool and we should hear some of the music from Battlefield Vietnam, classic soundtrack.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Fortunate Son" (opening theme)-As a reference to Platoon (film) and Forrest Gump.
Edwin Starr - "War"
Martha Reeves and the Vandellas - "Nowhere to Run"-As a reference to Good Morning, Vietnam.
The Troggs - "Wild Thing"
Rare Earth - "Get Ready"
Canned Heat - "On the Road Again"-As a reference to Tour of Duty (TV series).
The Guess Who - "Shakin' All Over"
Count Five - "Psychotic Reaction"
Deep Purple - "Hush"
The Kinks - "All Day And All Of The Night"
The Kinks - "You Really Got Me"
The Box Tops - "The Letter"
Jefferson Airplane - "Somebody to Love"
Bobby Fuller Four - "I Fought the Law"
Budapest Symphony Orchestra - "The Ride of the Valkyries"-As a reference to Apocalypse Now.
The Trashmen - "Surfin' Bird"-As a reference to Full Metal Jacket.
Jefferson Airplane - "White Rabbit" (Menu theme, instrumental remix)-As a reference to Platoon (film).

Upvote 0
This is cool and we should hear some of the music from Battlefield Vietnam, classic soundtrack.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Fortunate Son" (opening theme)-As a reference to Platoon (film) and Forrest Gump.
Edwin Starr - "War"
Martha Reeves and the Vandellas - "Nowhere to Run"-As a reference to Good Morning, Vietnam.
The Troggs - "Wild Thing"
Rare Earth - "Get Ready"
Canned Heat - "On the Road Again"-As a reference to Tour of Duty (TV series).
The Guess Who - "Shakin' All Over"
Count Five - "Psychotic Reaction"
Deep Purple - "Hush"
The Kinks - "All Day And All Of The Night"
The Kinks - "You Really Got Me"
The Box Tops - "The Letter"
Jefferson Airplane - "Somebody to Love"
Bobby Fuller Four - "I Fought the Law"
Budapest Symphony Orchestra - "The Ride of the Valkyries"-As a reference to Apocalypse Now.
The Trashmen - "Surfin' Bird"-As a reference to Full Metal Jacket.
Jefferson Airplane - "White Rabbit" (Menu theme, instrumental remix)-As a reference to Platoon (film).

Last I heard those are all copyrighted songs. If you're offering to pay the licensing fee for us please send me a PM. ;)

Upvote 0
On a serious note I think if you get a band to cover "Fade to Black" by the Rolling Stones and change it a little bit and no singing would work fine. I could do it if I still had my band together.

Isn't it "Paint, it Black" by the Rolling Stones and "Fade to Black" by Metallica.
Dope and that band ruined your brains ;) ;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
http://www.steamfriends.com/news/727/country-mod-announced[url]http://www.steamfriends.com/news/727/country-mod-announced[/URL]

out of curiousity, is this related at all to the mod planned for HOS? i noticed the link to the website pulled up for In Country, as in the one we've seen in these forums. guessing they didnt continue with the mod for HL2 and you guys just picked up the domain name?

Their loss is our gain. It'll be quite a surprise for anyone expecting a source mod.

Upvote 0
yeah it was just weird cause i went to get to the link to the site but didnt remember it off the top of my head. was too lazy to check these forums and since i had google open, just googled "in country mod" and it was one of the first results. was like oh, another In Country mod? clicked the link and bam, the site i was looking for....as in the mod for HOS. good thing that mod died so you guys could pick up the nice domain name :)

Upvote 0
I think I remember that... Jeremy Blum (spelling) from the Insurgency team started that project up, and moved it to Crysis/Cry Engine 2. But, they stopped working on it long ago when it was still very early in development.

Same mod?
This is I believe correct.
I remember seeing his first post on the CryEn forums asking for help to develop...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.