• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you actually be able to fly helicopters? And if so have you started to work on that? Because that seems like it could be a massive undertaking.

And you need to get the choppers right for anything Nam related :cool:

I have been thinking about the helicopters and I think they might be a commander asset. You call in a location like you do arty in ro2 but when you activate the chopper it just attacks the location you marked for a certain time (or until it gets shot down).

Upvote 0
Question that is probably too sensitive for a IC:V dev to answer, but here it is anyways:

Are there plans to make the IC:V maps significantly bigger than normal RO2/RS maps? I feel that, even with most players using bolt-action rifles, 64 people in a 200m^2 zone feels very crowded and sort of predictable, even if it is pleasantly intense. If all 64 soldiers have access to fully-automatic weapons, I can see the gameplay becoming a bit problematic. Or perhaps there are plans to reduce the total playercount to compensate?

Upvote 0
ModDB works... * if its only those 2 screens...*

by the way..shouldent a downed helicopter look more like a wreck ? Burned and stuff ? Smoking ? Battlescar
d !! :IS2::eek:

*edit*...ohhhh...OOOOOHHHHHH

very nice update...looks like its comming along rather well ! Those 360 views are very nice...

Can youd o one from a map ?

We tried getting a 360 of a map but ran out of time, I'm sure there's a way of setting up a screenshot script or something. Or just stand on a spot and spin around whilst spamming F12 :D Something we will look at doing again.

The downed Cobra is all smashed up from the back, the back half has been ripped open and bits are lying around which doesn't show too well in the screenshots. I agree it could do with a bit more, the windows would look better smashed.

Upvote 0
Will you actually be able to fly helicopters? And if so have you started to work on that? Because that seems like it could be a massive undertaking.

And you need to get the choppers right for anything Nam related :cool:

Can't go into anything in too much detail as it's something we are still working on a liable to change at any time if we come up against complications or time restrictions.

All I can say is there will be helicopters in some guise but don't expect something like Battlefield.

Think along the lines of recon, air support, spawn transport.

Upvote 0
Question that is probably too sensitive for a IC:V dev to answer, but here it is anyways:

Are there plans to make the IC:V maps significantly bigger than normal RO2/RS maps? I feel that, even with most players using bolt-action rifles, 64 people in a 200m^2 zone feels very crowded and sort of predictable, even if it is pleasantly intense. If all 64 soldiers have access to fully-automatic weapons, I can see the gameplay becoming a bit problematic. Or perhaps there are plans to reduce the total playercount to compensate?

Can't answer this just yet other than to say it's something we are looking very closely at, we want the maps and factions to play a certain way and that could mean a drop in playercount. It's all really undecided at the moment.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.