• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we have radios in some of the objectives that play music. Like that scene in Apocalypse Now where Willard is in that trench near the Do Lung Bridge with those crazy G.Is. I'm pretty sure that was Hendrix blaring through the speakers. You could cut the atmosphere in that scene with a knife.

I really hope this game has an atmosphere like that.

Apocalypse Now Redux - Do Lung Bridge - YouTube

Upvote 0
I really hope we have radios in some of the objectives that play music. Like that scene in Apocalypse Now where Willard is in that trench near the Do Lung Bridge with those crazy G.Is. I'm pretty sure that was Hendrix blaring through the speakers. You could cut the atmosphere in that scene with a knife.

I really hope this game has an atmosphere like that.

Apocalypse Now Redux - Do Lung Bridge - YouTube

Or the ability to turn on the radio in helicopters and jeeps like in the original Battlefield Vietnam.

It would be cool if you could surf channels and chose out of some of these songs hopefully:

Credence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son
Edwin Starr - War
Martha and the Vandellas - Nowhere To Run
The Troggs - Wild Things
Rare Earth - Get Ready
Canned Heat - On The Road Again
The Guess Who - Shakin' All Over
Count Five - Psychotic Reaction
Deep Purple - Hush
The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night
The Kinks - You Really Got Me
The Box Tops - The Letter
Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
Bobby Fuller Four - I Fought The Law
Richard Wagner - Ride Of The Valkyries
The Trashmen - Surfin Bird

Those are from the original BF:V. It would also be cool if some propaganda radio broadcasts where thrown in there.

These are probably lowest priority on your list, but it would still be cool if they were added eventually. :D

Upvote 0
Yeah, radios in helicopters and jeeps would be awesome.

Another thing that would be cool is if the I:CV team actually took some radio recordings from that era.

The Original "Good Morning Vietnam" - AFVN Radio - YouTube

AFVN was a favorite among the troops stationed in 'Nam. It would add so much to authenticity of the game if you heard GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING VIIIIIIETNAAAAAAM when walking around American held capzones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hate double posting but the idea I'm proposing doesn't really have anything to do with music or whatever.

I think night maps really need to be dark as hell. There ought to be flare guns SLs or TLs can use to lighten areas up for mortars and artillery. Or even so people can actually see what they're shooting at. It would be a double edged sword though, as it means the enemy can also see you.

Maybe you could also put ladders on some trees so the Vietcong/NVA can climb up and ambush people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know a lot of this is just wishful thinking, but I really hope some IC:V devs read this:

Traps really need to be implemented into the mod because they were pretty iconic to Vietnam not to mention they would be pretty interesting gameplay-wise.

Certain classes of NVA/Vietcong should be able to lay pinging stick traps and cobra traps in tunnels.

Certain classes of US Army (engineer or demolitions orsmething) should be able to lay claymore mines and tripwires that launch flares when triggered.

These traps could be substituted with other ones but I think the flare trap would be really awesome.

Also agree with Giuliano about the dark night time and flare guns for TL and SL.

Upvote 0
I think this game might also be the perfect opportunity to test some new game modes. I think a mix between Territory and that new search and destroy mode might be really cool.

You have areas on a map that need to be captured. In these capzones you have weapons caches that the US team need to destroy. Once they've been destroyed, the US team has to advance to the next capzone and destroy the cache there. Rather than just throwing a satchel on top of it, there should be explosives that the US team can pick up and place, like in Search and Destroy.

In a map like that, you can use the Vietcong as apposed to the NVA.

Upvote 0
I think this game might also be the perfect opportunity to test some new game modes. I think a mix between Territory and that new search and destroy mode might be really cool.

You have areas on a map that need to be captured. In these capzones you have weapons caches that the US team need to destroy. Once they've been destroyed, the US team has to advance to the next capzone and destroy the cache there. Rather than just throwing a satchel on top of it, there should be explosives that the US team can pick up and place, like in Search and Destroy.

In a map like that, you can use the Vietcong as apposed to the NVA.

NVA Base and Halong Port, Arroyo, Stream, Frontier :(:(:(:(:( I miss Vietcong :(

Upvote 0
How is this progressing? Will this offer changes in the gameplay mechanics or will the unlock/level up system and similar still be in place?

I am mainly concerned with suppression (especially with lots of semi/fully automatics) and the damage system. Any chance things such as these will get reworked? Or is this essentially planned to be RO2/RS with different weapons and uniforms?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.