• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH as much as i want to see ICV, they are wasting their time with this venture I think. RO2 is on most nights and days dead as a door nail with maybe 2 servers populated if your lucky.
Surely such effort would be better spent making ICV a stand alone game, at least that way the development team would get some money for their efforts.

I don't think you have your filter settings correct for your game browser. When I'm on at night lately (EST) I routinely see around 1000 players during the week and 1500 or more on weekends. Many of those populated servers are full to where you can't join.

Upvote 0
TBH as much as i want to see ICV, they are wasting their time with this venture I think. RO2 is on most nights and days dead as a door nail with maybe 2 servers populated if your lucky.
Surely such effort would be better spent making ICV a stand alone game, at least that way the development team would get some money for their efforts.
ICV is going to be a succes if it's
done right,we don't have many Vietnam games to play online...like ww2!
Keep working guys,danke!

Upvote 0
Mods are what keeps a game alive and an active playerbase at hand. Half Life 1 was played by many people even when Half Life 2 came out because it had a lot of awesome mods (I don't only talk about Counter Strike here, I said "awesome" :D) being developed years after its life cycle should already have ended.

Upvote 0
Well I hope I'm wrong, I just get depressed when I think of RO2, I hope these new mods will be what RO2 should have been, but I cant help remember they still have to use RO2 and its mechanics. :(

We don't have to use any RO2 mechanics if we don't want. Only Rising Storm is tied to RO2 in that sense. We are a free mod run by an independent team and we can change anything we want.

However any changes we have made are still in keeping with the spirit of the RO series. Also we are very alive even though there hasn't been any media over the last few months.
happy.gif

Upvote 0
We know you have all been waiting to see how In Country: Vietnam is progressing and we are now pleased to reveal two new in game screenshots! While we are taking big steps forward in development, please be aware that these screenshots represent works in progress.

http://www.incountrymod.com/feb2013

You may also have noticed that the website has been given a make over - check out our new 'Features' section where we will make available new details about the project in the coming weeks and months

We are also still require assistance in key areas. If you are interested in helping work on In Country Vietnam check our jobs board for what is available. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sorry for the delay in the news but we are working on a new teaser trailer that I hope you guys will like :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.