• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Case has just said we were not at Gamescom this year nor were we asked to provide any media by Tripwire. This was obviously a big event for Tripwire and the Rising Storm team as they had a lot of important media and information to reveal.

We have been very lucky in the past for Tripwire to even show some of our media at their stands at various games conferences. There aren't many, if any, developers who offer mod teams this level of exposure and we are very grateful.

Anyway the important question is where is the next media? we want it, you said it was coming soon!

Unfortunately our next blog post in our series looking at content has slipped by a couple of weeks, as a volunteer project sometimes these things happen, however I can assure you we are still working with as much passion and dedication as when we started the project. Development has not stagnated, it's just reached a point where we are waiting on a few things before the flood gates open.

Once they do we will have plenty to show, in the mean time enjoy what Rising Storm has to offer
icon_EmpriePislollie003.gif

Reactions: r5cya
Upvote 0
Angry and displiesed becouse the lack of news/screenshot of the game,and it has been many ears since I've played a good Vietnam game(Vietcong),and for me this is going to be very very...I don't know becouse the lack of sreens/video,hope you understand my frustration now.And after the hug I will problably shoot you!:rolleyes:
you don't have the right to be angry or even displeased, that someone elses efforts are not fast enough for you. maybe it's a language problem, but being rude to people who make things to make you happy doesn't sit well with them. it certainly wont make them work faster or make them give you screenshots.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, we know how hard it can be waiting, we've all been on the other side eagerly waiting news and media.

But because we've been on the other side, that's why we try not to make promises we can't deliver. It's also why we don't like to show anything before it's ready. We've been burnt ourselves by mod teams that talk big and fail to deliver.

We're organised and disciplined (as far as a rag-tag team of independent international freelancers can be) and are still happily working away and progress is good.

Right now is an exciting time internally as we're starting to bring everything together. Once we start to get some polish then you'll get everything you've been waiting for.

So as every mod/game dev says - sorry for the wait guys, but you'll get more when it's ready. Thanks as always for your interest and support.

Upvote 0
It's just over 1 year since the release of RO2 :D

In perspective, RO1 was released in March 2006, Carpathian Crosses released in April 2008, we didn't release Mare Nostrum until March 2008 and Darkest Hour was released June 2008.

Mare Nostrum became the first 3rd party MOD to be released over steam in October 2008 and Darkest Hour followed from memory mid 2009.

So in terms of Development time both the Rising Storm expansion/mod and ourselves are on course to release earlier than any main RO mod. However like everyone else we had to wait for the release of the RO2 SDK, we did not have early access, as far as I know only Rising Storm did.

New games now have less shelf life than they once did and players and communities don't last as long, with this in mind we started development on ICV early back in 2010 to hopefully release within a year of RO2. So we are a little over our original release estimate but still on course to release earlier than we released Mare Nostrum after RO was released.

Finally we are still working, we are getting things in game such as our US character and various weapons so once a few issues have been ironed out we will have new media :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.