• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Responding to both of your questions.

Members of the team have played pretty much every Vietnam game and watched every Vietnam film available (Harv in particular) as part of our thorough and incredibly demanding research. We've also taken a couple of minutes to glance at a few books and some photographs. So you can rest assured that we feel that we've done enough research to be able to beat PRV ;)

In the spirit of this we anticipate having all the appropriate functionality for each weapon. Off the top of my head I can't remember when models of the M16 family have burst fire, but if the ones we've modelled did, then they will almost certainly have the ability to change firemode through all the correct settings.

Upvote 0
For the right amount of gold, it's yours!
Will this be enough :confused:
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
The password is 123456. They thought no one will try this one because its pretty obvious, but actually I broke their security when I just tried this combination. The mod is great anyway, I cant wait to be released for the public. So far it feels great from what I have played :rolleyes:
lol, I saw the server and tried every combination I could think of.....

Upvote 0
Even if you have the correct password you will still need to download a lot of stuff just to get the mod running. It's not like a custom map were you can just download the map from the redirect and get it running.

Anyway, it's good to see that this mod is still alive and that there is testing going on. Oh, and talking about it, what about the things you were going to show us "soon"? I think this is soon enough :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Even if you have the correct password you will still need to download a lot of stuff just to get the mod running. It's not like a custom map were you can just download the map from the redirect and get it running.

Anyway, it's good to see that this mod is still alive and that there is testing going on. Oh, and talking about it, what about the things you were going to show us "soon"? I think this is soon enough :rolleyes:

"soon" better mean at e3 or I'm watching planetside 2 footage instead :D

Upvote 0
First off: Your Mod looks great and me and my gaming buddies are looking forward to it! We are avid fans of the game Vietcong which brought us to the more realistic shooter niche of gaming. That "vietnam" difficulty was a godsend!

I'm curious what you devs think about that game and if your mod will be in a way similar to it? Maybe even have a coop mode against nasty bots...

Greets
Schepp himself

Upvote 0
First off: Your Mod looks great and me and my gaming buddies are looking forward to it! We are avid fans of the game Vietcong which brought us to the more realistic shooter niche of gaming. That "vietnam" difficulty was a godsend!

I'm curious what you devs think about that game and if your mod will be in a way similar to it? Maybe even have a coop mode against nasty bots...

Greets
Schepp himself
If you check out a few posts on here, and on the game's company website Pop Smoke Games, the mod team is really doing their research and they have even bought every game about Vietnam they could find to compare and bring some ideas from.
When it comes to Bots, I imagine a few servers will be running bots just like 'Vanilla' servers. A mode specifically pitting players VS. bots, would probably require a lot more coding, and the game AI can be a little on the "mentally-challenged" side. Sticking to walls, yadda yadda. And making maps bot friendly would take even more time and work.

Hopefully a mod team member stops by and answer whether or not something like this could be in after release.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.