• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Iron Europe: 1914-1916

The Maginot Line was WWII bud, a huge portion of the land the Maginot Line was on wasn't even part of France during WWII...

You know what... i knew that aswell. FACEPALM! I got confused :( hahaha.

There was a series of bunkers during the first world war though, i think...

Edit: Oh wait, i'm thinking of Verdun! Fort Douaumont? right? That would make an interesting map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im looking forward to this.
Seems much more promising than the RO2 Original that TWI gave us now.
And if your first releases will work good im sure there will be people getting sticky.
Just dont mess it up like TWI did , please :eek:.

The sounds i heard from your mediasite were quite cool , much more cracking and rusty than the RO2's.
Adding french would be nice too , or Amis or Italian , Russian, Austrian.. theres lots of possibilitys since its a World War : )

Good luck guys .. i set my bet on you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
here i was watching this and thinking how awesome it'd be when it came out, I'd be able to be frenchy in an adorable lil' blue uniform with outdated weaponry, but no, gotta put in the damn british like in every game, the french are left out :(

edit: you're adding canadians but not french? wtf :(
Early on we realized we needed to chose between French and English, given our chronic shortage of team members. Clearly we needed to add Germans, but adding French and English would be alot more characters, weapons and maps to make.
We went with English because there are plenty more sources and references on English uniforms, weapons and campaigns in English. French sources are a few Opsrey books for uniforms, and a select few books on other topics. Low level unit actions are damn near impossible to find, most books rarely go lower then division. Alistair Horne's 'The Price of Glory: Verdun 1916' is the only one that comes to mind. But then again, Verdun is past our time frame, which we chose since including the entire war would be even more work.

Upvote 0