• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Desert Rats (Africa mod)

RandomPerson78642

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
USA
Due to lack of contributors we have to close down.

I know I tried to remain optimistic at first, but at this point there's just no way. ALL of our 3D artists quit, the others are far too busy, and honestly I've personally lost interest a while ago.

Sorry for the dissapointment folks, but there's just not enough time and not enough manpower.

Last edited:
irRXrwa.png

Finally! I'm really looking forward to it.

Upvote 0
The British BD uniform was used in Africa. But yes it was mostly the KD uniform.

Sten also was barely used in Africa. In Africa british rifle sections were similar to American rifle squads. Squad leader with a Thompson, a Bren gun LMG (replaces BAR) and the rest rifles. Size of 10 rather than 12 though.

It wasn't really until 1942 when the sten started becoming available in large numbers in Africa. Didn't perform very well in sandy conditions lol. Misfired at bad times too. Like the assasination of Reinhard Heydrich. One assasin steps infront of his car and pulls the trigger only to have the gun misfire. A second assassin chucked a grenade in the car.

Can't really have misfires in the game though.

Upvote 0
The British BD uniform was used in Africa. But yes it was mostly the KD uniform.

Sten also was barely used in Africa. In Africa british rifle sections were similar to American rifle squads. Squad leader with a Thompson, a Bren gun LMG (replaces BAR) and the rest rifles. Size of 10 rather than 12 though.

It wasn't really until 1942 when the sten started becoming available in large numbers in Africa. Didn't perform very well in sandy conditions lol. Misfired at bad times too. Like the assasination of Reinhard Heydrich. One assasin steps infront of his car and pulls the trigger only to have the gun misfire. A second assassin chucked a grenade in the car.

Can't really have misfires in the game though.
So Enfield is the only weapon needed to be created?Bren and Jap LMGs are about the same anyway.

Upvote 0