• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Portable Radio

RandomPerson78642

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
USA
Another example of perfectly good content that was cut from Rising Storm because they ran out of time/money/willpower.
It's got everything: code, model, textures, and even voice lines!

20b9f26782.png

SoundNodeWave'AUD_RS_VOX_Chatter_Eng_02.CMD_INF_RequestRadio_NOR_1'

It doesn't work straight of the box though. I created a role for it but it needs to be turned on somehow.

Plus I'm having the same issue as the japanese flamer, I can't test it outside of the SDK unless I create a whole new GameInfo.

That's what I'm trying to say: I'm NOT good at programming.

I started the flamethrower. Got some good progress. Ran into a major issue. Tried to solve it, but couldn't no matter what. Dropped the whole thing and moved on.

Same thing for the radio. I made a role and got it all set up, but I couldn't figure out how to make the actual radio work. Now I'm stuck again and will most likely move on to something else now.

I started the M3 Stuart a few days ago, and I'll probably get stuck on that too.

I had an idea for an Desert Rats/Africa Corp mod but I'll undoubtedly get stuck on that.

It's a vicious cycle of ideas and not enough skill not make them work properly.

(and by the way, I did absolutely nothing with the facial animations, I just took a picture of them)

Upvote 0