• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[WIP] M3 Halftrack

All, 1st thanks :)

Reminder, this is a "proof of concept", only a low poly, hack skinned, test model to see if I can get the suspension components to interact properly in game. So the "TOON" look is intentional at this time and will get polished after it passes its ground trials.

As to 30 or 50 cal? The 30 cal 1919 is already in game, so will possibly serve as a place holder until the Ma Duece gets done. But again, that's a long way off as I only get a few hours a week to tweak, and then there's also a small matter of player models to fill the driver/gunner/passenger slots. Plus if all goes well, I'd like a radio too!

Upvote 0
Mmm... bones :)

M3Skel.jpg

Upvote 0
If you do get this working, can you give it a Soviet paintjob? The USSR got a bunch of those as well.
To be precise, Soviets (and Brits) received mainly M5 and M2 halftracks, Soviets got only 2 halftracks of M3. Externally M5 was quite the same as M3, but it was built in a different factory with different quality parts. M5 had a bit less powerful engine and thicker thus heavier but less protective armor (face-hardened armor was changed to homogenous armor). These two things put together made M5 a bit slower and less protective to the crew.

But I think these things are hardly noticeable in the game :D

Upvote 0
To be precise, Soviets (and Brits) received mainly M5 and M2 halftracks, Soviets got only 2 halftracks of M3. Externally M5 was quite the same as M3, but it was built in a different factory with different quality parts. M5 had a bit less powerful engine and thicker thus heavier but less protective armor (face-hardened armor was changed to homogenous armor). These two things put together made M5 a bit slower and less protective to the crew.

But I think these things are hardly noticeable in the game :D

Well neither of them were bullet proof. A rifle round could penatrate the M3 at 200m. Let alone the M5.

But shh don't tell anyone.

Upvote 0