• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mappers selecting weapons.

So I've done some thinking, would TWI allow us to create classes that have specific weapons. Meaning Me or other people would create custom roles, limiting and or modifying which weapons can be chosen for that selected player class. It'd wouldn't give a Russian Assault an MG42, but would allow the mapper to eliminate unlockable weapons, or selectable variants. Good example of this would be GuadalCanal, limiting the USMC Riflemen to Springfield rifles. I know TWI took the feature out (If I'm not mistaken).
Hopefully assuming this could be done, TWI would whitelist it or make it official.

. Good example of this would be GuadalCanal, limiting the USMC Riflemen to Springfield rifles. I know TWI took the feature out (If I'm not mistaken).

You are mistaken. Guadal uses a different role set for the older period of time. These are still available to RS mappers.

On the main topic though, aye would be nice for the mappers to have an easier way of setting weapons available (rather than creating a new set of classes).

Upvote 0
I think that topic has been the since the release of RO2. I have no clue why they jumped on the unlock train, they could not win over the player's they wanted to come here.
The mapper could balance maps with this feature. A squad leader could receive an Karabiner 98k for long distance maps.

Upvote 0
I think that topic has been the since the release of RO2. I have no clue why they jumped on the unlock train, they could not win over the player's they wanted to come here.
The mapper could balance maps with this feature. A squad leader could receive an Karabiner 98k for long distance maps.

It wouldn't be hard to make the engine classes we're talking about.
It'd really just be a mod for roles. I probably could get this up and running next week, time permitting.
The problem would be getting it whitelisted, something I'm not sure about.

Upvote 0
It wouldn't be hard to make the engine classes we're talking about.
It'd really just be a mod for roles. I probably could get this up and running next week, time permitting.
The problem would be getting it whitelisted, something I'm not sure about.

White listing is exactly the issue. It takes ages to get a custom map implemented correctly with pictures showing. If you prevent mods from being whitelisted it's the perfect way to keep the little that keeps the game alive out.

Upvote 0