• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Making gibs stay?

Hey guys, I found a few guides online on how to make bodies and decals stay. Followed those guides and the result is great, actually feels like a battlefield with all those bodies lying around. Something that many good others fail to deliver (I`m looking at you Battlefield and Insurgency).

However I did not find a variable for the blown off arms\legs and they disappear shortly after being dismembered which makes it pretty likely to find a gory torso with no body parts lying near it. If anyone could tell me how to change it, that would be great.

One more thing, about the perma blood\corpses thing - I manage to have all the corpses and the blood stay, but bullet holes on the characters shortly disappear, no matter what I set MaxPlayerWoundDecals and PlayerWoundDecalLifetime. Anyone has an idea?

EDIT: link to the guide I used, for anyone interested: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=149065379

Last edited:
The disappearing decal problem is one I've wrestled with for a loooong time, and those variables not working is a known issue.

For gibs, I think there is a particular class that's spawned (subclasses of ROGib I believe) that has a "lifetime" value. This may be hard coded, and even if it isn't it would take a lot of effort to change because of how these classes are referenced by subclasses of ROPawn.

I'm afraid you're SOL without breaking out some code :(

Upvote 0
The disappearing decal problem is one I've wrestled with for a loooong time, and those variables not working is a known issue.

For gibs, I think there is a particular class that's spawned (subclasses of ROGib I believe) that has a "lifetime" value. This may be hard coded, and even if it isn't it would take a lot of effort to change because of how these classes are referenced by subclasses of ROPawn.

I'm afraid you're SOL without breaking out some code :(
Thanks for the answer dude, guess if you couldn't figure it out only TWI can. Your mod is awesome BTW.

Upvote 0