• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of the West (Western Front mod)

:cool:

Need a little nudge here. I'd like to run WF maps on Crucible. What items/files aside from the .roe must be added to the server to make this possible?

There's a couple .ini files from the mod that go in:
C:\ro2server\ROGame\Config

All the directories in ROGame\Published from the mod must be placed in:
C:\ro2server\ROGame\BrewedPCServer

Just make sure the directories are properly in place from there.

Then, there's the Localization folder which belongs in:
C:\ro2server\ROGame
So that the .int file will end up in:
C:\ro2server\ROGame\Localization\INT

The problem with this is that if someone joins without having the mod preinstalled, they won't be able to play. This is because the separate map config files and the localization file don't get pushed through redirect. It's very unfortunate, and it would be nice if TWI could do something about it.

Upvote 0
A redirect server means that people who don't have the mod or the maps (like how no one will have stavelot) will download the mod/map way faster and will not impact on the servers performance as it isn't downloading directly from the game server.

I need a redirect server for my HotW server but don't have access to one. I'll gladly borrow someone else's though as long at its in Oceania or the US. Multiple servers can access a single redirect server.

Upvote 0
So all TWI needs to do is include a few extra files in a patch and then people will not need to manually set up this mod. Same for IMO as far as i understand. Also, I hear that these extra files and or changes to existing files will have no impact on the existing maps or games.

If TWI does this it will mean players only visit a server with IMO or the WF mod and they will be able to get all the needed files via the servers map / file redirect (So no manually altering stuff).

This makes so much sense. Has a conversation been had with TWI about this approach ? Someone needs to get in touch with TWI if they are not aware.

Upvote 0