• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of the West (Western Front mod)

Who actually owns the maps used in Greatest Raids? They might not be super detailed but they are already there and if our mappers may use them, we get a good amount of nice maps for HoW.

I've asked for them and the response was that the maps themselves have too many assets that they do not own and thus cannot provide them to us. Very unfortunate, because I did want to personally rework the maps to be playable and more detailed.

Upvote 0
I've asked for them and the response was that the maps themselves have too many assets that they do not own and thus cannot provide them to us. Very unfortunate, because I did want to personally rework the maps to be playable and more detailed.

Having the terrain alone would be of great aid.
Are we sure we can't strike some balance? Maybe get the maps, but no rights to publish them until we replace the assets we're not supposed to have?

Upvote 0
I'm curious, how come we are suddenly going for British forces also? I have seen SAS and Commandos in the Greatest Raids stuff, but no regular British army. I've also just seen a Lee-Enfield but no Sten or Bren LMG.

Who so making all those models?

I dont know if they were included in the pack Tripwire and AMG gave, but I just watched the "Strike from the Sky" episode of greatest raids and there were first and third person views of the Sten and Bren.

Upvote 0
Yes, even the terrain for Pointe du Hoc would already be splendid.
I enjoyed the series, they did refer to us as Germans and not Nazis and it all seemed realistic and not like a propaganda movie like Fury.

Anyways, as soon as exams are over I get a new machine, I will record voices directed towards the British and then start off with my Siegfried Line map. :)

Upvote 0
Here's a preview of what we've got from AMG. :)

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
The uniforms in the greatest raid series were the British paratrooper uniform and standard british battle dress uniform. The standard British battle dress just had commando insignia on it. Remove that and it's fine.

Speaking of Commandos, maybe it could be possible to put in some British skins and just have them use the relevant US lend lease weapons (Thompson, Colt, 30.cal, carbine etc). But of course that would mean another map (maybe some sort of commando/SAS raid).

Just an suggestion, but it would be cool to see :cool:

Upvote 0
Speaking of Commandos, maybe it could be possible to put in some British skins and just have them use the relevant US lend lease weapons (Thompson, Colt, 30.cal, carbine etc). But of course that would mean another map (maybe some sort of commando/SAS raid).

Just an suggestion, but it would be cool to see :cool:

Even so, you'd still need voice actors, new German lines directed towards the British, new icons for objective capture.

This will still take some time.

Upvote 0