• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of the West (Western Front mod)

Speaking of update, when will the voices that have been done yet be implemented? I re-did some files, so best, I get all the files that are intended for implementation into one big .7zip file as currently they are split over three packages.

Well they were gonna be but they are all trapped on my computer lol. I decided that I was gonna put them in the game as it would be easier. For altering lines and finding anything that's anyones missed or if more likes are required for a particular trigger etc. Rather than me just being a middle man.

And yes nymets the flags show what team owns the caps.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47 said:
I HAS LAPTOP.

Alright it's a really bad single core thing but it means I can actually do stuff. iPhones aren't great at this sort of thing. Now I can actually listen to people's voices and things like that. Might be able to get the editor working too lol.

Great! good to hear that:) You can only do so much on phones lol. Hope you can fix your computer. Best of luck to you. Also Wow, if you could get the editor it working on a single core u are a wizard!:eek: I can barely get it working on my desktop PC. Never could do much on the editor because of that.

Upvote 0
Moskeeto is MIA. Rather annoying as he's the only one who can edit this thread AND add downloads to the ModDB page. I should have more permissions on ModDB I use it daily.

I've been really busy and tired lately since I started work. I'll try and updating the thread now. But I unfortunately don't have much time nor energy to work on the mod right now. I've got other priorities to sort out at the moment.

Upvote 0
Just updated the OP and I am awaiting authorization for the ModDB upload.

I would love to keep working on this mod some more right now, but as a broke youngster, it's pretty difficult. I've gotta save up some cash to get a better PC because this one is holding me back to the extreme and doing anything with the SDK takes ages. It's just a really frustrating experience working with my slow hardware when I should just be enjoying my time working on this mod.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I can take over the community side of things easily enough. I currently can't do anything else but update the Moddb page and manage people. Considering my computer now has the same functionality as a brick. I only have a toaster that's been cleverly disguised as a laptop to do things with.

But I need full access to the moddb page.

Upvote 0
I uploaded the new files for testing but i wasn`t able to spawn on donner. Havn`t test it with other Maps. Did i something wrong or is there Bug in it?

Just another Question:
I put in the ROGame.ini the WFGame info and even tried to create WFGame.WFGameInfoTerritories. I can set the usually options under the Gametype Settings but in the Gametype`s list WFGame isn`t shown correct. It say`s something like this: ?INT?WebAdmin blah blah blah. Is this my mistake? Would be nice if someone could help me. Both things havn

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You made a mistake:

Friendly=caen_Outskirts

By the way, custom maps only need these info:

For TE-Map.roe => TE-Map.ini:
Code:
[TE-Map ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=TE-Map
FriendlyName=Map
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories

For WF-Map.roe => WF-Map.ini:
Code:
[WF-Map ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=WF-Map
FriendlyName=Map
GameType=WFGame.WFGameInfoTerritories

Limiting to this result in less problems with errors, and works perfectly..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No Omano i changed caen to WF-Donner. Sorry i forgot changing this to Red cause this mistake is in the original ini from the developer too.

Omano this can`t be solution. There must an other mistake i did when it is running at your end.

Under Current Game it showed me: WF-Donner but under that is was shown: TE-Donner_Beta1c. And i don`t why. Beta1c has got its own entry.

I even tried to made an own directory for maps in an own WFGame Folder but i always had the same result.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No Omano i changed caen to WF-Donner. Sorry i forgot changing this to Red cause this mistake is in the original ini from the developer too.

Omano this can`t be solution. There must an other mistake i did when it is running at your end.

Under Current Game it showed me: WF-Donner but under that is was shown: TE-Donner_Beta1c. And i don`t why. Beta1c has got its own entry.

I even tried to made an own directory for maps in an own WFGame Folder but i always had the same result.

TE- indicates Ro2 Heros of stalingrad map with territory game mode. WF- indicates Western front , territory is the only game mode we work on. so if you see TE-Donner it means you are dealing with the RO2 compatible version of the map not the WF version

Upvote 0
All this **** going on here and I missed the party! Seriously haven't checked the forums since months.

Damn, you seriously missed out on the party! :D

Speaking of party, I felt the certain urge for violence and raped the microphone again! I updated several files that felt as they missed chest hair, particularly "boost_attack" and "boost_defense", the Yankees need to be afraid! AFRAID!!!! :D

This version consists of Samples 4, Additional Voices, Samples 5 and Samples 6, plus several recordings done today. A total of 469 files!

[url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/uatdgvhoqg1n46m/Raven_Voices_V1.7z?dl=0[/URL]

Enjoy getting your ears blasted! :)

Upvote 0
Multiple possibilities:

-You have multiple time the map info with different wrong infos (in ROGame.ini and/or in the map's own ini
-You have Linux hidden files (the ones with ~ at then end of file names) if you run your server under linux, I have some trouble recently with these files as I often edit ini file from the OS and some text editor create these hidden file for 'backup purpose' and server may bug because of multiple file for same map

I can have a look if you want, check on steam.

(Maybe it is a map problem too, if nobody confirm it works on their side)

Upvote 0
TE- indicates Ro2 Heros of stalingrad map with territory game mode. WF- indicates Western front , territory is the only game mode we work on. so if you see TE-Donner it means you are dealing with the RO2 compatible version of the map not the WF version

problems is: Server is loading the WF-Map and under current Game it shows it but next Line as Friednly Name description It says: TE-DonnerBeta1c.

And i don`t know why cause i made the ini called under Friendly Names to Donner.

Upvote 0
Damn, you seriously missed out on the party! :D

Speaking of party, I felt the certain urge for violence and raped the microphone again! I updated several files that felt as they missed chest hair, particularly "boost_attack" and "boost_defense", the Yankees need to be afraid! AFRAID!!!! :D

This version consists of Samples 4, Additional Voices, Samples 5 and Samples 6, plus several recordings done today. A total of 469 files!

[url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/uatdgvhoqg1n46m/Raven_Voices_V1.7z?dl=0[/URL]

Enjoy getting your ears blasted! :)

Raven,

Excellent work!:D I love the boost commands. I like the boost lines longer! It adds diversity! Also it adds more intensity on the battlefield. Thanks for the warning about getting my ears blasted, but i didn't listen by accident:D I had the volume up too loud! I clicked on a boost and got "LOS MANNER!!!!!!" Great job. I really like all the new lines! You are making the German team sound Great!

Upvote 0