• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Karelian front is revived!

It might be worth at this point to go down the mod route with IOM, instead of the mutator route. Especially if content goes up to the point where its not really feasible to expect people to download all the stuff when joining a server.

With perhaps a sort of IOM lite mutator that focuses on working on the base game as much as possible, but tries to keep the download size down to a minimum. (and put that through the whitelisting process).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It might be worth at this point to go down the mod route with IOM, instead of the mutator route. Especially if content goes up to the point where its not really feasible to expect people to download all the stuff when joining a server.

With perhaps a sort of IOM lite mutator that focuses on working on the base game as much as possible, but tries to keep the download size down to a minimum. (and put that through the whitelisting process).

I agree with Zets.

IOM would be much better as a full blown mod rather than a mutator.
It would allow the team to explore the full potential of their changes and the changes requested by the community.

Upvote 0
In the way how IOM is setup I don't think they are really limited as they pretty much appear to have copied over and overwrite the entire relevant class structure from an early enough stage. So IOM is set up sort of similar to the carpathian crosses mod which was a mutator as well.

The danger however is that once a new patch comes out with possible fixes in those classes that IOM overwrites, the fixes introduced in those patches will be lost. Only overwriting the parts needed for IOM to function in a mod structure, will have more forward and backwards compatibility.

Upvote 0
basically IOM development now is almost freezed because there were only me and tremozl working on it and we both were very busy with other things.
But as i said its only temporary problems. I really think ( but i dont promise ) that 1,15 will come out at 2014/15 winter ( probably with the big surprise i was talking about).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I bet it's going to be quite a long wait before we see Finnish troops in IOM. I've had an idea aging in my head for a while: Finnish weaponry in German troops' hands. At least Finnish Suomi M/31 SMG (which 3D model I think was salvaged from the remains of Karelian Front mod team?) was used in German-Soviet front. At least the Finnisches Freiwilligen-Bataillon der Waffen-SS used those weapons in Kaukasus.

Upvote 0