• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 How to connect to local server?

Hello,

I am trying to run my pc as a local server to test a mod I'm messing around with so I don't have to keep uploading it to my rented server.

So I have a batch file that creates my server for me and that appears to work ok.

Next I am trying to connect to that server by the following command line:
rogame.exe 127.0.0.1 -log

I keep seeing a message 'Missing editor token in sdk' and then rogame.exe crashes.

Is it possible to connect to a local server? Any help appreciated.

Hello,

I am trying to run my pc as a local server to test a mod I'm messing around with so I don't have to keep uploading it to my rented server.

So I have a batch file that creates my server for me and that appears to work ok.

Next I am trying to connect to that server by the following command line:
rogame.exe 127.0.0.1 -log

I keep seeing a message 'Missing editor token in sdk' and then rogame.exe crashes.

Is it possible to connect to a local server? Any help appreciated.

Ahh, i can see it in my 'Lan' tab in the server browser, but it's not connecting for some reason....will try and work it out.

It is possible, in fact it's how I test the IOM.

The way I do it is I run a batch file to launch the server (just like you.)

Then I open the game (usually in windowed mode, with -log in the Steam launch options.) Once I'm at the menu I open the console with ` and type

Code:
open 127.0.0.1

and since I'm always using that I use the arrow keys to scroll through the command history to select it. If you can't connect you may need to look around in your server's ROGame.ini for anything that looks suspicious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just tried connecting client using "open " etc and it still won't connect.

My server log shows two lines when i try to connect:
Code:
[0086.61] NetComeGo: Open TheWorld 02/23/14 08:46:41 127.0.0.1
[0086.75] Log: UDP recvfrom error: 10040 (SE_EMSGSIZE) from 127.0.0.1:54102

The first line is expected, the second is not lol. I need to do some investigation :)

Upvote 0
Try it with disabled firewall and anti-virus. They sometimes are the cause of these problems. Also check your Windows hosts file. Some software do add lines in there that break using localhost. It can be found in:
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
(of course it depends where you did install Windows).
There should be no line in there that contains localhost or 127.0.0.1. If it does, then precede it with a #.

Last edited:
Upvote 0