• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Stuka Motor Animation

Spaehling

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Germany
www.spaehling.de
Hey guys,

i heared, we get a new update for ro2 soon. that was the reason i thought about adding the rotor animation for the stuka for climb up.

i exported the mesh as obj from sdk and made an small keyfrey animation in maya.

my question are now. how can import the stuka with the rotating motor into sdk? the animation dont needs a stop or a end. the motor should always run.

the point is, i never added a skeletel mesh and all the tutorials i found are a bit complex. they do most time lots of more stuff. some one an idea?

greetz

You can animate textures in the material editor (pan/rotate). A square plane is only 2 polys, so renders fast. A masked circle with the prop blur in the middle will complete the illusion. What you are doing is considered CG or FX, just make what is believable, you don't have to make a motor to turn the prop... spend your time on items that merit closer scrutiny such as details players expect or you want to showcase. The dive bombing stuka is awesome, ppl will remember it for the sound and explosion. IRL most never saw the plane :D

Upvote 0
hey guys,

i work on stalag 13 at the moment and want to add the stukas again. and i thought, i could rework them a bit and checked wikipedia for it.

when i made the stukas for climbup, i used this picture: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Stuka-robot.jpg

but i didnt cared the high (feets) and the "Run into target".
i will not do the "Run into target" for stalag 13 too, but i fixed the high this time. when i calculated it correct (16 * 5000), then i dont need a motor rotation anymore, its to far away :p. you still see the planes, but its to small to care for it. maybe i put them a bit back down for the cinematic feeling ;).

greetz

Last edited:
Upvote 0